Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Irish Music pubs

Options
  • 31-08-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me a list of some pubs in Sligo town and/or county where there's decent traditional Irish music sessions? If you knew the nights they were on it'd be great too! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I was in Ballisodare this evening and saw a sign outside O'Connors pub saying there will be a trad session on Tuesday(tomorrow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eddiebear

durkins pub in ballinacarrow friday night great music & food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Harp Tavern on a Monday night (possibly Sunday afternoon/evening also)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Head out to Stanfords in Dromahair for a great trad session every 2nd Friday night. (well its on the border of Sligo) Best to ring in advance to check out which is the next date though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Trad in Foleys on Castle St.
    Fureys on Bridge St
    Shoot the Crows Castle st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I heard that standfords stopped the sessions in dromahair, not sure though it might be only the music nights.

Advertisement