Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Charger

Options
  • 31-08-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

A couple of months ago I purchased an iPod classic in HMV. As part of the offer I was entitled to recieve an iPod charger normally worth €23. However, when I went to pay I was told that the charger was not in stock but the guy serving me wrote on my receipt to say that it was out of stock at the time of purchase but could be could be collected at a later date. I have gone back several times in the last two months and everytime they tell me they are still out of stock.

I'm not sure but I think in the small print there was something about the offer been valid while stock lasts. Am I entitled to anything like a credit note or should I give up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

hmmm, maybe try taking the whole iPod back and saying they obviously promised something they can't fulfil and say you want your money back, seems fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm not sure but I think in the small print there was something about the offer been valid while stock lasts.

This would be normal, as a shop would never guarantee availability of free items indefinitely. Unless it was a manager who wrote the note, you won't ever get it. You will certainly never get any kind of credit in lieu of it.

Advertisement