Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Commuter Town South of Dublin

Options
  • 31-08-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,

Not sure if im posting in the right place. I'd like to by a house or apartment with at least 2 bedrooms somewhere in south dublin, Kildare or wicklow in a while when the house prices look like theyre coming near to the bottom. (prob at least 18 - 24+ months in my op).

Can anyone reccommend a decent town or area to the south of the city to buy in? must be reasonably cheap (aroung 270k for 2 bed) and somewhere different to the endless housing estate semi-d type accommodation.

I also love the coast so can anyone recommend a good coastal area or somehwhere within a few miles from it. Probably asking way too much but thats the least i need to part with 270K considering a house worth that now will hit 190-200K by the end i reckon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Depends if your gonna be using public transport I would go with Kildare rather then Wicklow Kildare has a good rail service into hueston! Id say 270k for a 2 bed is well over priced mate! Im in the same Boat to im holding out for a 2 bed between 150k-180k and I be gone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Without getting into to buy now or not to buy.

Bray or Greystones are nice areas on the coast, you could probably get 3 bedrooms for the price you're looking at, if not now, then soon.

It's also getting to the stage where places like Shankill, Cherrywood, Loughlinstown might be coming into your range, if not quite places like Cabinteely or Killiney. (actually I lie: http://www.myhome.ie/residential/search/brochure/146-gleann-na-ri-cabinteely-dublin-co&-city/AJILF408131)

I would really hold out for a 3 bed house if you could though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

i think you should look at Kilcool about 2 mile down the road from Greystones ..you could buy a new 3 bed house there for 280 at the moment ( there a little bit over priced imo )..the are is nice enough and its by the coast

Advertisement