Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost....pls help [facilities in Dunboyne]

Options
  • 31-08-2009 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi everyone! Moving to West Dublin but want to be near Clonee (within a short bus journey or cycling distance preferred). I was considering maybe Blanchardstown or Dunboyne but would prefer to live closer to Dublin City Centre.

Does anybody know if Dunboyne has many amenities ie shopping centre, cinema, bars etc?

Also, can someone tell me the time journey on bus/cycling from Blanchardstown/Dunboyne to Clonee?

Thanks a mill for your help all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi Rebeca51, as you are asking about Dunboyne and that's in Co. Meath, I'll redirect your post to the Meath forum. The people there will be able to tell you about local facilities.

As for living near clonee, if you do want lots of facilities then Blanchardstown or Mulhuddart is your best bet.

A cycle should be quick enough but cycling the N3 could be hazardous to your health! :D Have a look here for an alternative cycle route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rebeca51

thanks a mill for your help r3nu4l, bit lost on how this site works. thanks for the advice on the cycle route, that's a great help in itself. Would you know roughly how long it would take?

Does anyone know how long it would take by bus (70/a) from Blanchardstown to Clonee? as they are very irregular and not sure when I should be taking it.

Thanks

The bus should only be about 10-15 mins depending on traffic (if that). The cycle route is about 6-7k I think so all depends on how fast you cycle.

I used to cycle from Lucan to Maynooth (via Leixlip) and that took 20 mins without pushing too hard at all. That's about 10 k or so.

Still don't know anything about Dunboyne apart from driving through it, it looks to be small. Search this forum for threads on Dunboyne. I'm sure someone will answer you soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rebeca51

that's great info r3nu4l....really a great help. Been trying to get onto Dublin bus and just no help at all. Would you happen to know good areas to live in Blanch close to the 70/a route?

thanks again

I was going to suggest the Dublin 15 forum but I see you've already found it :D

Why not stick to looking for Dublin answers there and let the Meath-folk talk to you about Dunboyne here. All I'll say is that Dunboyne seems very small to me and I don't think there's any big shops in it. However, it's not far from the Blanchardstown Centre at all if you have a car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jconnon

did anyone play soccer for dunboyne.does anyone remember a lad scored 1o goals in a game in summerhill road,it was years ago,is that true,who was he.

Advertisement