Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland League

Options
  • 31-08-2009 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Is it possible to create using Editor? I've tried it myself but I'm doing something wrong. Around September the game crashes so I'm wondering has anybody had any success doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Im almost certain you can't but to be honest I haven't tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

well a couple of editions ago, I managed to make a european superleague, combining all the major leagues into the portugese league. So there was no EPL/La Liga.. eg teh championship was the top league in england etc. Only played the game for 2 seasons but the game didnt crash. I'd imagine it is possible, if done correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Someone on foot.ie said they did it before but their link is broken.

I think you have to create a new country altogether, say "Ireland", and create a league system there, then re-register all the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland teams as Ireland ones.

Also, I don't think it can be done using the data editor provided. I think you need to be able to re-write the game code. Not sure though.

I almost never use the data editors provided, you can easily obtain more powerful ones over the net if you know where to look! Thats how i made the league I was talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Interesting, care to expand on that :D

What other things can you do with all this power?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

In the new game, you can create and edit so many leagues, I can't wait :D

link? it be good if i could create like the Cypriot League and a others like Qatar.

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    Interesting, care to expand on that :D

What other things can you do with all this power?
    you can edit many things that otherwise you wouldnt be able to. Like remove non eu restrictions, work permits etc. The only problem is you need to back your database files because some of the editors rewrite part of the game code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

This year's Football Manager will allow you to add leagues and manipulate them with the packaged editor.

I don't know the extent of it. I was told by a person doing research for the game so I don't have any link to an article or anything.

so we'd be able to create a proper pyramid system for the League of Ireland? how many times teams play each other? date the league runs from? good news if so.

• Advertisement

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    so we'd be able to create a proper pyramid system for the League of Ireland? how many times teams play each other? date the league runs from? good news if so.

I wouldnt get too hopeful - the wikipedia page doesnt specifcally say you can alter structures. I'd be very surprised if this was an option tbh
    wikipedia wrote:
    The Editor has received an upgrade in which leagues that are not originally added in the game, can be placed and set up as playable, this means that the English League System can now be fully playable right down to Step 6 of the Non-League System, as can any other leagues which a user wishes to edit.
    It all depends how you read the highlighted part I suppose. Anyway we'll see on Oct 30th wont we?!

Cant wait!

Advertisement