If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2009 - Philips LCD TV prices & Warranty offer

Options
  • 31-08-2009 6:23pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

OK guys - just had some new pricing through on Philips LCD TV and there are MAJOR shifts especially on the 8 series 42" and even better we have a great warranty deal from September 1st until the end of November.

These prices are all before your 10% Boards Philips Shop discount!!!
    5404 Series - HD Ready, MPEG4, USB input, PC input, 2 * 10 Watt speakers.
    32PFL5404H - €449 - With free 2 year warranty

5604 Series - Full 1080p HD, MPEG4, PC Input, 2 * 10 Watt speakers, USB input, Pixel Plus HD picture engine, PC input.

32PFL5604H - €549 - with free 2 year warranty

37PFL5604H - €699 - With free 2 year warranty

42PFL5604H - €799 - with free 2 year warranty

7404 Series - Full HD 1080P, 100HZ, 3Ms Screen refresh, Pixel Precise HD picture engine, 80,000:1 Contrast ratio, HD Natural motion for smooth HD motion processing, PC input

32PFL7404H - €699 - with free 3 year warranty
    42PFL7404H - €899 - with free 3 year warranty

Now let's start getting serious!

8404 series - Full HD 1080P, 100Hz, 3 Ms Screen refresh, Ambilight, NET TV - (any website any time!) DLNA Network link, Pixel Precise HD picture engine, 80,000:1 Contrast ratio, HD Natural motion for smooth HD motion processing, PC input

32PFL8404H - €799 - With free 4 year warranty

37PFL8404H - €899 - With free 4 year warranty

42PFL8404H - €999 - With free 4 year warranty

I will have revised pricing on the 96 series over the next day or so - in the meantime if any Boardie needs a Boardie special just drop me a PM or an email - however we will be offering a 5 year warranty with all 9 series Philips TV until the end of November

New models

40PFL8664H - Pictures & full spec coming soon - But €1469 with free 4 year warranty - LED TV, Ultra slim - as above more details to follow - stock will be mega short until 2010!

40PFL9704H - Eisa LCD of the year 2009-2010 winner (46" version) - LED LUX, 5,000,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio (actually after that I won't go on - it's just mega!) approx €1969

Again these prices are all before your Philips Shop Boards 10% discount!
    Thanks again and as ever please drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

Nice! Once you get one of the 32" 84s in let me know and I'm there! Pickup on Monday would suit me perfectly, ill pay for it anytime though :D

Cheers guys!
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lambenate

Hi john

What is the lead time on a 42PFL8404H, if I was to place an order before the end of the week

thanks in advance
    L

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

lambenate wrote: »
    Hi john

What is the lead time on a 42PFL8404H, if I was to place an order before the end of the week

thanks in advance
    L

L,

Thanks for the post - the 42PFL8404 is (just about) available from stock - thereafter we think it will be the 3rd week in September when we receive fresh stocks :eek:

Thanks again for your patience waiting for the price update,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

mckildare wrote: »
    Nice! Once you get one of the 32" 84s in let me know and I'm there! Pickup on Monday would suit me perfectly, ill pay for it anytime though :D

Cheers guys!
    Martin

Martin,

Thanks for that - we should have the 32PFL8404 before the end of this week again - I'll drop you a line as soon as they land - no need to pay until you collect and thank you very much for the order - it's much appreciated,

ATB,

John Mc & crew

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

hi john,

Had an order in for a 7404 but for 100 euro more I could get the 8404 with ambilight and NetTv. Does ambilight suit when the tv isn't wallmounted and can it be turned off and is Nettv any good? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sweetie,

I have the 42PFL9664H. I don't have it wall mounted, I have it on a TV bench and the back of the TV is about 8" away from the wall. The ambilight shows up no problem on the wall, but for best effect should be viewed with the lights off in the room.

If you want, I can take a pic or vid if u need to see it in action.

It can be turned on and off with jsut a single press on the remote.

Net Tv is ok, you can access any site you like, so it's not restricted to widgets. It's a lil slower than on a PC and if you're entering text you have to type it in using the remote like a mobile (but without predictive text). It's no PC replacement, but handy to look up stuff (tv guides, IMDB,, etc). Theinternet connectivity is great to download firmware updates. First time I turned on TV with a network connection it immmediately told me an update was available to download. It then downloaded it and installed easily.

Hope this helps.

And no I don't work for John, just a happy Philips customer.

ok then, John, could I change to the 8404 and if in stock when is the earliest I can collect it from the store?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phili_g

Hi lads,

Have just been checking the komplett prices, they're doing the 5604s for a bit less,

Philips 37" LCD-TV 37PFL5604H/12 € 586.99
    Philips 42" LCD-TV 42PFL5604H/12 € 686.99

Would you be able to beat this?

Any chance of the 42pfl8404 pickup today please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Any chances of getting in some 46" 9704's and if so what price? I read that the UK aren't getting this model so I'd assume we can't get it either?

• Advertisement

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Any chances of getting in some 46" 9704's and if so what price? I read that the UK aren't getting this model so I'd assume we can't get it either?

I have heard the same - that the UK are not getting any 46 9704 - however I would imagine that there are some pretty major rapid U turns being made in Philips towers in Guildford at the moment as it has just won the Eisa Award for best LCD TV - which is probably the most prestigious award there is for TV!

However (and for once I have most excellent news..) The clever Philips Bods in Ireland have this model already on order for us and it's due in October - provisional price is €2699 (you can take your 10% Boardie discount off that to net back to €2429) and we will be offering a 5 year warranty on this model.

Philips Ireland I understand are able to get their hands on a very limited number of the 46PFL9704H so if any Boardies are interested in one I would get your names down asap on a no obligation basis and we will give you a shout when we get out 1st shipments.

I think we should possibly start a separate thread for this model - any thoughts?

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

John,

Do you have any of the 32PFL5604H's in stock in the Dublin shop ?

I'd like to pick one up saturday morning if possible.

Thanks,
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Ifah

I have 1 x 32PFL5604 in my stockroom.

Would you like to give it a good home???

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Meant to follow up to my purchase of a 32PFL8404 from Ash. Service was great, in, out, no messing around. Tv is fantastic, really delighted every time I look at it ! Ambilight is deadly.

Thanks very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Gavin wrote: »
    Ambilight is deadly.

Anyone know what the Ambilight is like if the TV isn't directly against a wall (in a corner)?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

dvpower wrote: »
    Anyone know what the Ambilight is like if the TV isn't directly against a wall (in a corner)?

Our 37PFL9604 is in the corner in the living room and the ambilight looks pretty good, havent seen it with the lights out yet but I imagine it can only get better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Ifah

I have 1 x 32PFL5604 in my stockroom.

Would you like to give it a good home???

Cheers
    Ash

Ash - I certainly would - I should be in tomorrow around 10 am to pick it up - I'll send a pm with contact details etc.

Hi Ifah

No worries

Just speak to Nicola and she will look after you.

Thanks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

I presume it is, but it's just you didn't say in the brief spec... Also the NetTv thing - does that have to use an ethernet connection or can it use wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Also the NetTv thing - does that have to use an ethernet connection or can it use wireless?

It can use both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The 8404 uses Ethernet, only the 9000 series has Wi-Fi. The 8404 supports MPEG4 for both DVB-C and DVB-T.

Reason I know is cause I did the research and am picking one up next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satdog

Will you be getting any more Phillips 32PFL5604s in and if so what is the price including delivery (to Wexford)? I also PMed Ash last Thursday re. the LG 32 LF7700, any news on that. Thanks

Hi Satdog

I have the 32PFL5604H in stock at the moment, this comes with a 2 year warranty.

As for the LG TV's from Richer, the man to speak to is Kennyricher as he looks after all mail and online ordering in Belfast - he'll beable update you there.

Del anywhere in Ireland from The Philips shop is €29.99.

thanks for the questions
    Ash

Thanks Ash,

What price is the 32PFL5604 less discount inc. delivery? I can get it locally for €549 at DID.

Hi Satdog

Its €495 ex delivery
    As its a small TV Del will be €19.99
    The Fist post on this thread lists the pricing and models available in the range.

Run your eye over that - some very interesting TV's there.

atb
    Ash

Thanks Ash, will do. Very tempting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 yahowho

Ash, could you PM me with your best price for a 42" 9664
    Thanks.

Ash,

I'm going to go for the 32PFL5604. KennyRicher never got back to me but I think I'm happier with the Philips. I was able to demo it yesterday, haven't been able to demo any LGs here in Wexford. I'll ring you later with details.

Thanks

Satdog

Hi Satdog

Good choice there.
    Look forward to your call.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Yahowho

Yep thats the discounted price I pm'd
    And This TV can access the internet via your Broadband router wirelessly (or wired if you prefer)

hope that helps
    Ash

This discussion has been closed.