Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage repeat question.

Options
  • 31-08-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Im repeating stage 1 unfortunetly.
    IM able to pick some stage 2 modules

But how many should be picking?
    And next year then will i hav less modules to pick as i would be doin some of them this year?

Any replys much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Hey.

You can pick as many as you want, however if both stage 1 and stage 2 credits combined exceed 60 credits you will have to pay a fee (per extra 5 credits).

I dont know how many 1st year modules you are repeating. Will you have them completed by christmas or do you have to repeat the whole year?

Say you take 4 stage two modules this year, then next year you will have 20 credits to spare. you could use these to take some 3rd year modules.

So when you go into 3rd year your work load will be decreased.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

hey, im repeating 4 stage 2 modules this year and am able to pick 5 stage 3 modules for each semester. I am repeating 3 modules in the first semester and 1 in the second. Does that mean if I am doing the 3 repeats + 5 stage 3 modules I have to pay an extra fee or just the fee for the repeats? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Joneser wrote: »
    hey, im repeating 4 stage 2 modules this year and am able to pick 5 stage 3 modules for each semester. I am repeating 3 modules in the first semester and 1 in the second. Does that mean if I am doing the 3 repeats + 5 stage 3 modules I have to pay an extra fee or just the fee for the repeats? Thanks

I think it depends on whether of not they are re0sits or repeats!!!

If you are registering more than 60credits a notice (in red) will come up under the register button saying "there will be implications regarding fees if you register for this module" or something to that effect.

I think if your in stage X the fee may not apply as they will see that your electives are assigned to stage 3. I'm not 100% sure though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Ok, cheers for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Hey.

You can pick as many as you want, however if both stage 1 and stage 2 credits combined exceed 60 credits you will have to pay a fee (per extra 5 credits).

I dont know how many 1st year modules you are repeating. Will you have them completed by christmas or do you have to repeat the whole year?

Say you take 4 stage two modules this year, then next year you will have 20 credits to spare. you could use these to take some 3rd year modules.

So when you go into 3rd year your work load will be decreased.

Ah cool i understand now...Well im taken 1 repeat and 2 resits all in semester 1. (15 credits )

And at the moment for this year i registered for 3 core stage 2 modules , 2 options and 2 electives. (35 credits)

• Advertisement
Advertisement