Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Invoice

Options
  • 31-08-2009 6:54pm

I just got charged 180 euro on my invoice.

Does anyone know what "term chg light" means?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rhymenocerous

Ring vodafone on 1907, they'll be able to tell you exactly what it's for.

From the looks of it, it's a termination charge for their old 'vodafone light' tariff (as in if you cancel your contract before your agreement period is up).

Ring vodafone on 1907, they'll be able to tell you exactly what it's for.

From the looks of it, it's a termination charge for their old 'vodafone light' tariff (as in if you cancel your contract before your agreement period is up).

tried ringing but they are having technical difficulties.

I had 2 numbers on my contract, i moved one over to 02 and kept the other there. They told me i wouldn't get charged for that, but it looks like they have now.

I don't understand why they would tell me that I wouldn't get charged!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rhymenocerous

[quote=[Deleted User];61883281]tried ringing but they are having technical difficulties.

I had 2 numbers on my contract, i moved one over to 02 and kept the other there. They told me i wouldn't get charged for that, but it looks like they have now.

I don't understand why they would tell me that I wouldn't get charged!![/QUOTE]

Who said you wouldn't get charged? If it was o2, then they wouldn't have known 100% as they don't have access to your vodafone info, so were probably just going by what you said to them.

If it was Vodafone, then they should have known.

Unfortunately it looks like the number that you transfered over was in contract, and vodafone have billed you for the remaining months of that contract.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Who said you wouldn't get charged?

It was vodafone, they said it when i rang them and when i went into the store in Dundrum.
    I was told that as long as I had two numbers on the contract i would not have to pay the fee. I told them that I was going to move to O2, and they said i wouldnt have to pay the charge as long as there was a second number on the contract, and that it would be left open.

I feel really hard done by becuase this is obviously not the case. Think Ill just move away from vodafone completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

[quote=[Deleted User];61891582]Think Ill just move away from vodafone completely.[/QUOTE]

If you do that, you'll probably have to pay the termination fee again, for the 2nd number. Unless you got the agent's name, and know the time of the call where they told you there was no charge, and can get the recording of the call, you'll have no proof that they told you this.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    If you do that, you'll probably have to pay the termination fee again, for the 2nd number. Unless you got the agent's name, and know the time of the call where they told you there was no charge, and can get the recording of the call, you'll have no proof that they told you this.

yea, i thought about that at the time. The second number on the contract is on the simple tariff, they allow you to terminate with a months notice.
    Really mad about the fee though, just goes to show you cant really take anyones word for anything, need to get it in writing just like you said !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

[quote=[Deleted User];61892173]yea, i thought about that at the time. The second number on the contract is on the simple tariff, they allow you to terminate with a months notice.
    Really mad about the fee though, just goes to show you cant really take anyones word for anything, need to get it in writing just like you said !!!![/QUOTE]

Maybe that's the number they were allowing you to change over in the first place, without charge?

jor el wrote: »
    Maybe that's the number they were allowing you to change over in the first place, without charge?

It was before I moved the second number onto the contract that they told me I would not have to pay if there were 2 numbers on it. That's the reason I moved the second number onto that contract, so I wouldn't have to pay when I moved the first number off, it was vodafone who told me that this could be done and that I wouldn't get charged if I did it this way. Obviously this isn't the case and they were filling me with bull.

I doubt there is much I can do about it now, I'm just p***ed off like I said.

Advertisement