Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going out tomorrow

Options
  • 31-08-2009 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Im headin for my favourite hunting ground in the morning,hope to get a nice one for the pot/freezer. Anyone goin out tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I'm going out before dawn to sit in on my favourite pond :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Tomorrow evening till dark, I'm gonna try an' ambush 'em:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Leavin the house at 5am, an hopefully back out for night flight... wednesday too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Rifle still hasn't arrived. Would love to though. Also working in the evening, a further pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Rifle still hasn't arrived. Would love to though. Also working in the evening, a further pain in the hole.

we are assuming its shooting ducks so...rifle ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

Deer old chap....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Mac Tire wrote: »
    Deer old chap....;)
    Spot on.

Am i missing something here:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

moose112 wrote: »
    Am i missing something here:confused:

The op didnt specify weather he was on about deer or ducks so a few people were replyin about ducks, others deer as both seasons start today?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Cheers didnt know the deer season started today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Mac Tire wrote: »
    Deer old chap....;)

Well that clarifies it a bit...Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

was out this morning, first shots at 5:30am.. serious amount of water, not much cover most of reeds are now under water i nly got firing at one mallard this morning (missed) got a feckin grey crow later on tho!:rolleyes:

went back out this evening for the night flight, plenty of shooting goin on (im on the lower erne/lough oughter system.. savage amount off wet territory) i only got one shot in (mallard drake.. missed again):rolleyes:

but it was great to be out!! time for a guinness now and listen to all the lies and tall stories in the local:D

:Di missed all before and after me as well , including another fox on the way home was, almost attacked by a barn owl while i was callin the fox had to shine my light on to get him to back off thought I'd get no fox now crossed ditch into next field callin away as i walked on next thing saw the eyes shining called and called reloaded the gun with two rounds buck shot that ikeep for such occasions called some more his coming in coming in BANG ...what the Fff... searched and searched no fox gave up went to car took empty shell out .....bird shot... couldn't see it proper in the dark one in the wrong pocket :D
    out of breath....

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

4gun wrote: »
    :Di missed all before and after me as well , including another fox on the way home was, almost attacked by a barn owl while i was callin the fox had to shine my light on to get him to back off thought I'd get no fox now crossed ditch into next field callin away as i walked on next thing saw the eyes shining called and called reloaded the gun with two rounds buck shot that ikeep for such occasions called some more his coming in coming in BANG ...what the Fff... searched and searched no fox gave up went to car took empty shell out .....bird shot... couldn't see it proper in the dark one in the wrong pocket :D
    out of breath....

what do you use on the duck? thought be well fit for a fox?

ayapatrick wrote: »
    what do you use on the duck? thought be well fit for a fox?
    alphamax no 5 on de duck buck shot on de fox but instead of puttin buckshot in for the fox i stuck in the alpha max and just peppered him at 40 yds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

4gun wrote: »
    alphamax no 5 on de duck buck shot on de fox but instead of puttin buckshot in for the fox i stuck in the alpha max and just peppered him at 40 yds

Are buck shot hard to get?

Advertisement