Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt Ireland and vodafone

• 31-08-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

Now it has really started
    http://www.techcentral.ie/article.aspx?id=13921

I didn't think they would scale the website down so much here's a picture of the site 10787.png

Can't check my internet usage but not sure if it is connected.

Anyone know if the Bt customers broadband options will get upgraded to vodafones ones like 40GB download limit instead of 10 GB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

That's mad, I just came on this forum to see what Vodafone broadband is like as I was considering switching from BT to Vodafone, looks like I'll be switched automatically now.

From reading further details on the BT website, it seems BT customers will be offered different packages by Vodafone when the switch over takes place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I hope I'm not getting transferred to a Vodafone package, unless they change their packages. The 7Mb cap is nearly halved under Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Kahless wrote: »
    I hope I'm not getting transferred to a Vodafone package, unless they change their packages. The 7Mb cap is nearly halved under Vodafone.
    Now that Vodafone has access to BT's infrastructure I would expect that they would alter their packages and not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

I'm confused here? is BT Ireland now Vodafone Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm confused here? is BT Ireland now Vodafone Ireland?

Pretty much, yes. Vodafone bought out BT (most of it anyway) last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

I see that the Competition Authority has approved the agreement whereby BT Ireland Broadband Customers will transfer to Vodafone. Is there any update yet on the timeline agreed between BT and Vodafone on this?

Hi CivilEx

We plan to transfer customers over in stages to ensure smooth migration of services. We're currently working with BT to agree the process for migration and we'll start the transfer process shortly. We hope to have all customer moved over to Vodafone by the end of March 2010.

Val

I'd hope they would transfer us all over quicker than the March!!
    Link to the forum

Do you know if you'll be dumping BT's woeful billing system? That would be the biggest improvement possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

must say i changed to vodafone from bt last month (due to need for new modem and not wanting to wait to get my higher speeds for cheaper money) and its great value but took ages to get through on the customer services line, waiting for good few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thorfield

Hi TheDriver
    Can you let me know if you BB was down for long on the migration. I am also with BT and am looking to move. I want to see how long I will be without BB.

I was about to move to VF@H before they announced the 'BT' thing and waited to see what they would do; for now nothing.

The VF@H price is ~7 Euro a month cheaper from what I see for 3M BB + rental and all-day calls. I hope they can switch to a montly billing plan.

Thanks
    N.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

BT leave theirs on for 2 weeks as a goodwill gesture while you change your password over, so both work for a bit together. Just put in your vodafone stuff and in theory, the bt turns off. no loss of service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Hi CivilEx

We plan to transfer customers over in stages to ensure smooth migration of services. We're currently working with BT to agree the process for migration and we'll start the transfer process shortly. We hope to have all customer moved over to Vodafone by the end of March 2010.

Val

I'd hope they would transfer us all over quicker than the March!!
    Link to the forum

Why would they. the VF@H is cheaper than the BT bundles, why should they rush migrating the higher profit margin customers (we pay 7€ more for 3MB + anytime bundle). And as customer, if I want reduced price and higher Cap - I migrate to VF on my request now and get locked into 12 month contract.

True but if you are on the option 1 1MB and total talk it's €48.15
    And other things that you get if you stay are:

free calls to the uk which you don't get with Vodafone or the 33% off your mobiles (offpeak 9cent)
    So for some customers it might be good for them to wait and see before making a quick decision.

Yes, you will continue to be able to make free calls to UK fixed numbers when you transfer to Vodafone.
    I currently get 33% off the cost of my calls to Irish mobiles with BT Call Mobile, will this still be the case when I transfer to Vodafone?

Yes, upon transfer to Vodafone, you will continue to avail of this feature, along with other exciting fixed/mobile Packages brought to you by Ireland's leading mobile operator.

And don't forget what vodafone say :

BT customers will move to Vodafone at Home but they will retain all the benefits and more that they received from BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    And don't forget what vodafone say :

BT customers will move to Vodafone at Home but they will retain all the benefits and more that they received from BT

Correct, only they don't tell you when you will get the more... I want to retain the benefits and get the more (cheaper price) now :rolleyes:

jor el wrote: »
    Do you know if you'll be dumping BT's woeful billing system? That would be the biggest improvement possible.

From the looks of things Yes
    What will I be charged for on my last BT bill and my first Vodafone bill?

Your last BT bill will only include the calls you have made during that billing period. Your first Vodafone bill will include:

1. Rental in arrears for the period from your last BT bill to the end of that month
    2. Rental in advance which will cover to the end of the current month
    3. Calls made since your last BT bill

There are no additional costs during this period although due to different billing systems, your first bill from Vodafone will look different to previous bills. We will include information with your first bill to help you understand the charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 murphd

Anyone know if they've changed their fair usage policy with the merger on the 'unlimited' 24mb package?
    I went a bit over the unwritten 100gb cap last month and wasn't throttled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just got this in the post:
    dscf1407z.jpg

The new bundle deal if you have broadband and free calls then you will get free calls to nominated Vodafone mobiles is very welcomed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Would it not make sense to switch to Vodafone straight away and start saving money instantly instead of waiting a few months and be automatically switched ?
    I'm sure a switch from BT to Vodafone now is a formality .

Would it not make sense to switch to Vodafone straight away and start saving money instantly instead of waiting a few months and be automatically switched ?
    I'm sure a switch from BT to Vodafone now is a formality .

Depends on what option you were on on BT option 1 was only €48.15 so you're not saving money .

Plus if you want to keep these :)

1)BT offer of free calls to the UK and NI
    1)33% off mobile rates

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Went to sign up with vodafone, i am a bt customer.

Put all my details in online, bank details for direct debit, then on the last screen they ask for credit card. WTF Amount to be paid was zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Is it just me but they seemed to have a placed cap of 60gb:confused:On all their higher tierd packages. Who will I switch to now, not much choice where I am at. I hope I am wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Just got this in the post:

:)

Is it just me but does that say "CONQUEROR" just faintly at the bottom of the page?

Hellboy not sure if the image is quotable, but is there something else there.

Positive, images aren't quotable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

artielange wrote: »
    Is it just me but does that say "CONQUEROR" just faintly at the bottom of the page?

They make paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Hellboy not sure if the image is quotable, but is there something else there.

Positive, images aren't quotable.
    As Kahless said, it's who makes the paper, it's their watermark.

Why wouldn't the contents of the letter not be quotable, it's what Vodafone posted out to me :confused:

hellboy99 wrote: »

Why wouldn't the contents of the letter not be quotable, it's what Vodafone posted out to me :confused:

I was talking about the using the quote button in boards.ie.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Does this mean all 12 month contracts with BT will become null and void?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

It is a phased migration probably to allow people on 12 month contracts to see out their contact with bt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I really should be trottled right now. 120gigs in the last 30 rolling days.

It was a mistake.. didn't mean to download that much. :(

Anyone have any ideas of the caps they will use??

Right now my broadband quality and everyone else in the area is terrible. Only seems to be this bad recently. Never had this issue before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

As things stand I'm on the 3 meg broadband package with BT but my voice calls and line rental are billed through eircom.

Im wondering if the line rental situation disqualifies me from this migration. From what I've read on both the BT and vodafone sites line rental with BT is a must?

Is it just me but they seemed to have a placed cap of 60gb:confused:On all their higher tierd packages. Who will I switch to now, not much choice where I am at. I hope I am wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

Magnet, Smart, UTV, all do larger caps.
    From what I've read on both the BT and vodafone sites line rental with BT is a must?

Line rental is a must with any DSL provider, BT, Vodafone, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have had 2 eircom sales reps banging down my door...telling me that BT was pulling out of Ireland and to switch to Eircom. The rep was saying that Vodaphones broadband is done by "PERLICO" and that internet service is really really bad.

They offer 7mb BB and all house calls incld Sentanta Sports online for €65 all in. I sure as ****ing hell do not want me broadband with PERLICO. Also eircoms 7mb BB has a very good contention ratio of guarenteed 24:1.....ideal for GAMERS!!!

Dont know what to do now!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement