Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightclub in dublin city...

• 31-08-2009 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

right, im not a fan of night clubs. i like pubs, where i can chat and mess and where theres live music. Think whealans sort of thing.
    i have a problem, none of my friends like live music. most just want to go to a place that plays chart music. Most of them would never listen to the music that i listen to and vice versa.
    Its my friend 21st next week, he wants to go to a place that everyone will be happy in. So i just want to know, is there any place that i could go that plays a good variety of music, or even has 2 rooms or somthing, thats cheap to get into (€10 or under) and has a good variety of age groups.

suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Purty Kitchen in Temple bar tends to have a good combination on the weekends. Ground floor is usually a live band followed by a dj who will play mostly the typical rocky stuff (guns & roses, rage against the machine, smashing pumpkins, that kinda thing) and upstairs there is a dance floor with a dj playing chartsy stuff. It's a tenner in after a certain hour afaik, not sure what time they start charging in though

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

Fitzsimons would be along the same lines, just around the corner too!!!!

They usually have a live band on the ground floor, basement for dance stuff n I'm not really sure whats on the 2nd floor and then off course you have the terrace on the roof to chat quietly if need be (but with the smokers mind you)

Free in before a certain time, not sure, maybe 10ish, then they send you downstairs after that to pay bout €10.

Just get in before the pay in time and you have the run of the place!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

for something different Twisted Pepper on Abbey street is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If you're friends are into chart music music type nightclubs they'll most likely hate twisted pepper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

If you're friends are into chart music music type nightclubs they'll most likely hate twisted pepper.

fuqk them! maybe they'll enjoy a change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭nordisk celt83

right, im not a fan of night clubs. i like pubs, where i can chat and mess and where theres live music. Think whealans sort of thing.
    i have a problem, none of my friends like live music. most just want to go to a place that plays chart music. Most of them would never listen to the music that i listen to and vice versa.
    Its my friend 21st next week, he wants to go to a place that everyone will be happy in. So i just want to know, is there any place that i could go that plays a good variety of music, or even has 2 rooms or somthing, thats cheap to get into (€10 or under) and has a good variety of age groups.

suggestions?

The Gaiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The Gaiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The club there is closed down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

What about The Village? Real mix of music, one DJ & sometimes live music upstairs, another one in the main bar and the nightclub down the back as well, something for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Whats twisted pepper like on a friday? Music? Crowd?

Advertisement