Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Demo

Options
  • 31-08-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

This is an info and opinions thread for the upcoming FIFA 10 demo which will be released on September 10th.

Here is all the info i have at the mo.

Playable teams:
    Chelsea
    Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
    Marseille
    Juventus
    Chicago Fire

The demo will be a two 3min halfs (so 6mins) exhibition game along with the usual arena but also the set-piece editor will be included, which i cant wait to have a go on.

Cant wait myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Was just reading this on the Fifa 10 site. I know its only next week until the demo is out, but thats too long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,678 ✭✭✭✭briany

I hope that on the PC version we arent given sub par graphics like on previous incarnations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

i hope the set peace thing works good, it will be great if it does lots of runs and you know where your player will be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

nige1982 wrote: »
    i hope the set peace thing works good, it will be great if it does lots of runs and you know where your player will be

There have been videos of it, it looks amazing.

You select the area, the you control each player and record a run for them to do, once you have all the runs done, you play the ball in.

Ill try find the video.

EDIT: Here it is:

at 6.25 into that vid. btw that is a great watch if you have 9 mins spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buynow

The set piece editor looks exactly like the way it was in last years NHL game - could never get it to work very well, but it as hockey is a different game it wasn't for set pieces rather it was triggered when players were in the zone it was recorded for.

It does look like fun, I only hope it doesn't lead to some cheap goals that allow someone to score every time they have a free kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yea the set pieces could be cheap in the wrong hands alright! the keepers seem to have a marked improvement though, like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Wow, some great additions
    Can't wait to establish my own club with my mates, we'll have to set up an Irish league

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I hope they have addressed the problems with online teamplay pre-match setup. Especially the waiting for players part where one person in the middle can stall the whole process by entering the room and not doing anything, it should allow as many people as possible to keep entering the room until there are two full teams of people who are ready.

The 360 dribbling should change the game dramatically for the better and I'm surprised that it has taken this long for a football game to implement it.

I used to do manual passing in 08 because I found it so satisfying, I would win less but I didn't mind that. In 09 the speed of the game and the way the manual controls responded made this pretty much impossible so hopefully they will have made some minor adjustments to give people the opportunity to play manual.

I have a good feeling about this one because they have been improving so much year on year since 07 that I have a lot of confidence fifa 10 will continue this trend.

Roll on september 10th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

That video looks amazing, cant wait to play this! I wonder if they'll give a sample of the set plays in the demo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Bayern Munich could be amazing this year with Robben and ribery on the wings pumping it into toni and klose. the set piece editor might be very useful for them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Moiph wrote: »
    That video looks amazing, cant wait to play this! I wonder if they'll give a sample of the set plays in the demo

They have confirmed that it will be in the demo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That looks class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

it look amazing cant wait only couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just 3 more days to the demo. Really looking forward to this one. Looks absolutely sensational. That new set pieces thing looks unreal and seems like a great addition to the game.

Gonna be weird seeing Newcastle in the Championship...... A first for the FIFA games. :)

Roll on the 10th.

ha newcastle v scuntorpe ha can not wait was looking at all the info on you tebe about it looks great hope they sort out the keeprs too easy toscore lob shots they are like retards jumping back but seen in the video going back and slapping away i have already been workig on my free kick stratagys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

nige1982 wrote: »
    ha newcastle v scuntorpe ha can not wait was looking at all the info on you tebe about it looks great hope they sort out the keeprs too easy toscore lob shots they are like retards jumping back but seen in the video going back and slapping away i have already been workig on my free kick stratagys!

Please!

128665372654153300.jpg

ha sorry about that im hungover :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

3 Days:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

can't wait to try out 360 control and the set piece creater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Ah yes.

Didn't know this demo was available for download on my birthday :D

It's the only thing I could think of getting for my birthday, so basically I will pre-order it on the 10th. But I was disapointed I wouldn't get it for a few weeks.

But getting the demo when I wake up on my birthday will make up for that a little :)

1 more day and i am off work tomorrow :) wonder if the demo can be plyed on xbox live heehee

1 more day and i am off work tomorrow :) wonder if the demo can be plyed on xbox live heehee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Will the Demo be downloadable on PSN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Will the Demo be downloadable on PSN?

Well where else are you getting it from? :P

Is there a certain time the demo is available at or can it be downloaded from midnight?

Very very excited about it.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is there a certain time the demo is available at or can it be downloaded from midnight?

Very very excited about it.

We'll find out in a few minutes :)

Hopefully it does get put there from 12.

Looks like it will be some time tomorrow then.

Oh well, I'll just have to play 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They usually update xbox live with new content between 9 and 11 am.....so it will probably be up around then tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    They usually update xbox live with new content between 9 and 11 am.....so it will probably be up around then tomorrow morning.

Damn was hoping for a nice night to relax and sample a bit of FIFA. Not to be then. :(

Advertisement