Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

Don't suppose anybody would be kind enough to send me a 48 hour trial if they have one going spare? My gold account expired about 2 weeks ago and its saying I need it to download this demo :O

Edit: No need guys in the end, now to join the list of downloaders!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Thought the Free Kick thing was gonna be in the demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

First impressions are I like the dribbling and improved keeper skills. I also love Messi's new hair doo. Overall it just seems a little bit better and slicker.
    Thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I'm impressed, seems very fluid compared to last years, also seems alot quicker in the build up of passes because of this, makes last years look a little limited.

Defending is alot better also I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Enjoying it so far I have to say. Speed of game has been upped a little it seems, players are more responsive to the pass button and you can get some fluid moves going. Defending is good and the physical play is better. Still haven't cracked skill moves in actual play (but as usual I'm lethal in the training arena!).

🤪

• Advertisement

thecheese wrote: »
    Don't suppose anybody would be kind enough to send me a 48 hour trial if they have one going spare? My gold account expired about 2 weeks ago and its saying I need it to download this demo :O

Edit: No need guys in the end, now to join the list of downloaders!

Ah ya got it.Was gonna say try download it from Xbox.com

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fantastic. The day the demo comes out is the day my internet decides to be at a snails pace.

Might move my 360 out of my conservatory. Crap signal in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Is it just me or is it not showing up on xbox live anymore?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

BFassassin wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it not showing up on xbox live anymore?

I found it on the website anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

more of the same rubbish. all you have to do is press LB, mash the through ball button, shoot and celebrate. it really is easy to score.

the ball moves all over the place too. at one point henry sent in a cross curling away from goal and it still managed to go out for a goal kick at the other side which just isnt possible.

the "360" dribbling is actually just 16 way instead of 8 and the gameplay is now so fast and passes so accurate and easy that its basically pro evo 2008 only worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

FIFA 10 is so good that im keeping this post short because i actually miss playing it when im typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,736 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gggggggrrrrrr. stupid PSN.

Don't want to download it on the 360, I prefer the PS3 pad for footie games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The demo is still not out for the PS3 !!!! any one hear when it mite be released ?

This is a must watch, the new skills that can be done. Some of them are absolutely sick.

The demo is still not out for the PS3 !!!! any one hear when it mite be released ?

About a hours time id say

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

This is a must watch, the new skills that can be done. Some of them are absolutely sick.

No kidding! Can't wait to try these out later on some unsuspecting victims mates! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

stil no sign of it on ps3 yet what up with that

gonna be honest - I haven't had a chance to play yet but was hoping they would build on 09 and make this a really great game - from that video it looks like they're going back to pandering to 8 year old CR7 fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

dickmolan wrote: »
    stil no sign of it on ps3 yet what up with that

The psn store is usually updated around 6pm on thursdays so I wouldn't expect it till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mayordenis wrote: »
    gonna be honest - I haven't had a chance to play yet but was hoping they would build on 09 and make this a really great game - from that video it looks like they're going back to pandering to 8 year old CR7 fans.

You'll never truly know though to be fair until you've played it yourself. I've heard nothing but good things so far. Looking forward to playing it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's up on the PSN store now :D

I couldn't find it, so I went up to search and typed in 'Fifa Demo' and searched for titles. It was the 2nd result.

1005MB though :O not good with 1mb broadband.

That_Guy wrote: »
    You'll never truly know though to be fair until you've played it yourself. I've heard nothing but good things so far. Looking forward to playing it myself.

oh yea of course really looking forward to getting home just don't like the cut of that vid - but yep I'll definately give it a whack asap.

mayordenis wrote: »

I understand your concerns, but look at the video again, only players used are C.Ronaldo, Ribery, Joe Cole etc. Players who use these tricks in matches.

I tried some tricks with Lampard in the arena, no success.

Its about realism, and people should have the option to use Ronaldo's tricks when the have Ronaldo on the ball.

They have built on 09, what i have been playing all day is the best football game ive ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Really excited about this. Can't wait to download it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    They have built on 09, what i have been playing all day is the best football game ive ever played.

let me recommend either pes 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 and fifa94 or italia 90 on the mega drive. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I hate it! Horrible game, really slow and the players seem like they have some magical force pulling them all over the place.

Back to 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

let me recommend either pes 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 and fifa94 or italia 90 on the mega drive. ;)

Italia '90 was propably the hardest football game ever ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

right, ive played the demo a good few times and....i like it.

fluid, smooth gameplay and i really like the 360 concept.
    graphics and presentation but that doesn't matter as its only the demo.

BTW - why is Cannavaro playing with Juve??

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

BTW - why is Cannavaro playing with Juve??

Maybe because he plays for juventus :pac: his contract with real madrid ran out at the end of june so he moved back to juventus :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Great game there's only 1 let down and that's Martin Tyler calling Xavi, Chavi. It annoys the hell out of me

Advertisement