Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

more of the same rubbish. all you have to do is press LB, mash the through ball button, shoot and celebrate. it really is easy to score.

the ball moves all over the place too. at one point henry sent in a cross curling away from goal and it still managed to go out for a goal kick at the other side which just isnt possible.

the "360" dribbling is actually just 16 way instead of 8 and the gameplay is now so fast and passes so accurate and easy that its basically pro evo 2008 only worse.

I would love to give you a game mate if those are your tactics!! Take it off the easy setting aswell ;)

My impressions (I played alot of fifa 09): Slightly quicker and more responsive. Cross field balls move alot quicker and are much more satisfying to do the "xabi" pass compared to 09 where the ball seemed to float to much.

The 360 dribbling doesnt seem all that much at all. Pretty similar to last year to be honest from what I think. Shooting seems more of a light press on the button rather than holding it down longer in 09. Shots seem to have more speed which is good.

To be good at fifa you dont need the tricks. The game is about passing and they have improved passing in this alot.

Love the quick free kicks. Keeps the game moving fluid. Keepers seem SLIGHTLY improved but they still parry shots they should really be holding.

An improvement on 09 so far. It feels like they have given it a polish which is good. Worth a 60 euro purchase im not sure.

Gunna have a few more games of it now.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Great game there's only 1 let down and that's Martin Tyler calling Xavi, Chavi. It annoys the hell out of me

But.....thats how you pronounce it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

joe123 wrote: »
    Keepers seem SLIGHTLY improved but they still parry shots they should really be holding..
    Could be down to the error they made in some keeper stats such as Buffon and Cech.Their rating is only in the 60's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

But.....thats how you pronounce it :confused:

that might be so but when your used to hearing Xavi....

Crosáidí wrote: »
    that might be so but when your used to hearing Xavi....

How are you used to hearing it? Like EX-avi or Zavi?

Chavi is the way its pronounced in world football though.

Bit like some people saying Xabi alonso chavi...oh yes ive heard them! Pronounce the B people!

Anyways....:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Just remembered this was out now. Damn :(

11% done so far

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

Lads, Lads, Lads as a self confessed Pro Evo fan, i was eagerly awaiting a play of EA's New offering, “the new hope” to lead to the way with regards to football games.

i really have to be honest i was looking forward to getting my hand on this, official kits all the way, eircom league, proper commentary, what’s not to love.

I even thought the intro with Fat Frank having a pop against some generic Ghanaian goalie was a touch of pure classiness,

Ok what about the game itself, good option letting me convert my "Neolithic" pro controls in to 21stt centaury pro speak.

i am pretty much sold now by the way

Kick Off----

nice passing, not wait im Bayern in the red, i played at least 10 games of the demo just to make sure im not "giving it time"

Holy god, how can anyone in their right mind compare this to PR, it so poor, passing, shooting, dribbling, it just isn’t as good as ive come to expect form Pro, not near.

I Have nothing to gain by applauding pro, nothing, i genuinely downloaded this hoping for a preverbal "New Hope" pro has become stagnant i like the touches EA have brought, but as a game Pro Evo does a Ronseal!! Exactly what it says on the Tin,,

And FIFA well it has to be said that it is the preverbal Fur Coat

Mise Le Meas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Had a couple of games, the responsiveness is so much better.

Have to say I'm very disappointed by the 360 degrees thing which is a bald-faced lie. It is better, but there are exactly 16 directions you can move, so i kinda feel ripped off in that regard (i know i didnt pay for the demo).

But it is an improvement on 09 and the manual passing is sooooo much better that i'll be able to play online with it, which is great. Shooting seems slightly improved and the movement in defense is a lot better.

There's also a lot more freedom in jostling for the ball and the tackling is more precise. The long balls are much better, more realistic. I'm gonna be playin it all night I'll say and so far I'm feeling good about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

I would love to give you a game mate if those are your tactics!! Take it off the easy setting aswell ;)

i was on middle difficulty and the amount of times i ran into a completely empty opposition half was a joke. honestly if you appreciate the finer points of soccer at all you'd be able to see how terrible fifa is.

everything is just so easy to do and then you have the shameless "wembley is great" bullsh1t from the commentators during the game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

didn't get to play many games since my 360 got rrod during a match but what i did play was fantastic, im not blaming fifa for breaking my 360 even though my friend said fifa was so great my 360 couldn't handle it :pac::pac::D. can't wait for october 2nd, fifa 09 was great and from what ive played of fifa 10, they've improved nearly all if not every aspect. one thing out of everything that caught my eye was the pass and move build up speed, it was ok in fifa 09 just a little bit slow but just seems right in fifa 10 as does everything else. i was bad enough waiting before but now that ive played the demo im worse, roll on october 2nd.

• Advertisement

i was on middle difficulty and the amount of times i ran into a completely empty opposition half was a joke. honestly if you appreciate the finer points of soccer at all you'd be able to see how terrible fifa is.

everything is just so easy to do and then you have the shameless "wembley is great" bullsh1t from the commentators during the game. :pac:

You must be pretty good so! You dont have an xbox live gamertag do ya and ill give ya a game? Im finding it hard to believe your doddling into the box every time and scoring bags of goals. Even if it is only on medium :P

But seriously dont insult me with the "if i appreciate the finer points of soccer" craic. The last few years especially the last fifa has been far closer to soccer than Pes. I loved pes untill I got 2008. Hated it and hated 2009. Hoping this years one is better and wont be purchasing either fifa or pes untill ive played them both.

Anyways im not going to get into a pes v fifa debate as I can see where this is heading with some of the posts.

If any of the boards fifa league members have given it a test would like to hear your thoughts.

Im beginning to think they might of sped it up a bit too much? And still not sure if its worth the upgrade from 09!

Kirby Mario Gomez looks like a nice addition to the Bayern squad! And you will have Robben this year so you will have no excuse :pac:

EDIT:Whats wrong with them saying Wembley is impressive? It is to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

u have to be the biggest idiot ive ever seen in my life. like ,just go away lol get out, dont come back just.............lol just get out, out ya go, beat it. ur a pest, a nuisance, ur giving this section a bad name, out wit ya, get BACK TO YOUR UNIT!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Just played two games. It's very like 09, which is to be expected but I was hoping for more changes. Maybe the overall feel made it feel too much like 09 (the menus etc. - I assume they will be changed).

The game is faster. I liked the way the ball seemed looser and more deflections/blocks happened which is cool.

I played two games of 09 right after and while it seemed more rigid, the difference wasn't that great at all. Maybe I just need to play it some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BeeSee

Peadar_Rua wrote: »
    Lads, Lads, Lads as a self confessed Pro Evo fan, i was eagerly awaiting a play of EA's New offering, “the new hope” to lead to the way with regards to football games.

i really have to be honest i was looking forward to getting my hand on this, official kits all the way, eircom league, proper commentary, what’s not to love.

I even thought the intro with Fat Frank having a pop against some generic Ghanaian goalie was a touch of pure classiness,

Ok what about the game itself, good option letting me convert my "Neolithic" pro controls in to 21stt centaury pro speak.

i am pretty much sold now by the way

Kick Off----

nice passing, not wait im Bayern in the red, i played at least 10 games of the demo just to make sure im not "giving it time"

Holy god, how can anyone in their right mind compare this to PR, it so poor, passing, shooting, dribbling, it just isn’t as good as ive come to expect form Pro, not near.

I Have nothing to gain by applauding pro, nothing, i genuinely downloaded this hoping for a preverbal "New Hope" pro has become stagnant i like the touches EA have brought, but as a game Pro Evo does a Ronseal!! Exactly what it says on the Tin,,

And FIFA well it has to be said that it is the preverbal Fur Coat

Mise Le Meas

2nd those sentiments exactly. fifa the package has absolutely everythin i want, licenced teams, leagues, 10 v 10 online, the weekly updates of players form etc, but i just dont like the feel of the game compared to pes. i'm a lot closer to buyin fifa tho than i have been before, hope pes 2010 lives up to its billing

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Played this tonight. Seems better than 09. One thing i liked was going through 1 on 1 with keeper i take it round him and he does a hatchet job on me, get a pen and red card for keeper! Not really liking the constant fouls though when you are just trying to put pressure on seems to just constantly interupt the flow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Soby wrote: »
    Could be down to the error they made in some keeper stats such as Buffon and Cech.Their rating is only in the 60's

Thats only in the team management before the game starts, I found it really odd as well. But if you check your squad during a match their stats are in the 80's.

My impressions of the game so far are good, its a polished up Fifa 09 so far for me. But I'm really enjoying it. With Fifa 09 they took a massive step in the right direction and I think they're doing the right thing by building on that rather than coming up with something new again. I'm gonna play the demo a lot more to get used to the new bits and pieces they've added in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm not sure yet.

Lots of new things I like:
    Quick fee kicks
    Better fouling
    More consistent cards
    Better crossfield passes

Stuff I dont like:
    Keepers keep coming out on their own making the chip uber easy. Its retarded and i hope its fixed for retail.
    Im not sure about the shooting either.

Perhaps its because im playing against world class...maybe I should turn it down to medium to get used to the game. Ill report back tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Kirby wrote: »
    Keepers keep coming out on their own making the chip uber easy. Its retarded and i hope its fixed for retail.

it should be

havent played the demo, but the code i played back in june was much the same and they guaranteed itd be fixed... well not that itd be fixed, more that theyd actually get round to doing that bit

be a bit of a disaster if they dont

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Played more games. Much happier now.

I'd recommend playing the game on medium instead of hard to learn the game... the AI doesn't hog the ball as much and you can learn the new passing and shooting system instead of spending your whole time chasing after the ball.

The difference in difficulty is pretty huge. On world class I was winning 1-0 or 2-1 most game.....5-0 easily on professional. Scored a peach of a volley with ribery too :D
    Kirby Mario Gomez looks like a nice addition to the Bayern squad! And you will have Robben this year so you will have no excuse :pac:

Lost Lucio, their best defender. Lost Ze Roberto. Lost Podolski. Lost Donnovan. Dunno man, the team doesn't seem as good this year. Robben doesn't make up for losing those 4 players. Gomez does seem quite good though, which makes up for podolski a little.

Its only the demo squads tho. Didn't expect to see Toni and Demechelis on the bench....considering hes the captain and all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, Keep on topic please.

There are alot of new posters on here with the upcoming release of PES10 and FIFA 10. Please read the forum sticky regarding acceptable behavior before posting. Two main points...

1) No personal abuse, unless you want a 1-week ban.
    2) I have no problem anyone discussing the merits of one game over another, so long as the argument consists of intelligent comments. Any evo or fifa fanboy bashing is not welcome.

Brian Plank and gamercfc, I'll be keeping an eye on both of you.

• Advertisement

The demo was alright.. It's basically Fifa 09 with a few touch ups. Nevertheless I will be getting it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Some of the moves you can pull off are really satisfying (playing with assists on or semi I'm ashamed to admit!) - had a nice cross field diagonal ball into the box, straight to Messi's feet, *bang*, bottom corner. :D

I like that you can access the tricks and celebrations guide but would have been nice if you could get at them in the arena before the match / game title screen...or at least showcase five or six (maybe one from each page) on the screen.

Hopefully the 'Be A Pro' is more adjusted - i.e. not expected to score 17 goals no matter what team you're playing against or take 10 shots singlehandedly despite the whole team maybe managing 10 in an easy game. There is definately a reason why noone played defence either, was a nightmare!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

let me recommend either pes 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 and fifa94 or italia 90 on the mega drive. ;)

International,

Superstar Soccer,

DELUXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Lads, Lads, Lads as a self confessed Pro Evo fan,i was eagerly awaiting a play of EA's New offering, “the new hope” to lead to the way with regards to football games.

FIFA... the new hope? So you thought that PES was better than FIFA last year? I stopped reading there to be honest.

I played the demo for about 2 hours or so...

The good:
    You can move in 16 directions, not 8.
    Jostling seems improved.
    Games seem to have a better flow.
    The drop in FPS before the stadium loads in the arena.

The bad:
    Shooting.. most of the shots look like backpasses.
    Keepers seem ropey....had one or two "incidents".
    You can move in 16 directions, not 360 degree dribbling as advertised.
    Keepers coming off their line and the frequency with which the AI tries to chip the keeper generally.

I might bang the difficulty down to the middle one to get a bit more practice attacking. Overall a worthy successor to 09, but not the pure awesomeness I was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    FIFA... the new hope? So you thought that PES was better than FIFA last year? I stopped reading there to be honest.

The good:
    Jostling seems improved.

The bad:
    Keepers coming off their line and the frequency with which the AI tries to chip the keeper generally.

I might bang the difficulty down to the middle one to get a bit more practice attacking. Overall a worthy successor to 09, but not the pure awesomeness I was hoping for.

Well if you had taken the time to read the rest, you would have seen that yes i believe that Pro was and is a better game to play,

Its even clear rrom your own comment on the "bad" elements of the game

Shooting
    Keepers
    AI

kind of key requirements to have right in a football game dont you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

The good:
    Jostling seems improved.

The bad:

I agree with you , man.
    I thought they were suppose to improve the shooting , its like sometimes kicking a beachball. You bearly touch the shoot button , and it flies away !!
    And to be quiet honest i think the graphics in Fifa '09 are better.
    I know its a only demo and not the finished article so i hope they make one or two touch up's.

Well if you had taken the time to read the rest, you would have seen that yes i believe that Pro was and is a better game to play,

Its even clear rrom your own comment on the "bad" elements of the game

Shooting
    Keepers
    AI

kind of key requirements to have right in a football game dont you think??

If you want to talk about the merits of each game: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055439152&page=7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Anyone else having problems getting the Henry flick and shoot trick to work?

My player just keeps on Dummying the ball? :confused:

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems getting the Henry flick and shoot trick to work?

My player just keeps on Dummying the ball? :confused:

I think that video is really inaccurate. The Henry flick just dummies the ball through the legs. Also, how do you use the left stick while trying skills? That will just move the player?
    everything is just so easy to do

You must be really good.... Whats your gamertag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

To do the Henry flick you hav to "TAP" RB as the ball comes to you. If you hold RB it dummys through his legs.

People saying they dont like the keepers rushing out by themselves, if you hit Y when they are rushing they will retreat.

Those who think the game is too fast or too slow (i was shocked when i read too slow) you can change game speed in the menus, and this year you will be able to search for ranked matches by the speed you play.

The people who complain about it being too easy :rolleyes: Put it up to world class and upload a few of your easy goals so we can have a look.

Went to my mates gaf last night, a good 4 hours of a few of us giving the game a rigerous test. Everybody absolutely loved it.

Advertisement