Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

in 09 you used to be able to dummy shoot or pass by pressing long pass then short pass with direction, was a good way to make room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTzHCD66sI

when ive tried it in the demo, it just hits a long pass everytime, have they changed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I cant seem to find the demo on the xbox marketplace. Am I just being stupid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

the keepers coming out to the penalty spot does make scoring nice and easy. they seem to have taken a few ideas from pes2008 too. simply give the ball to ibrahimovic or drogba and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys, Keep on topic please.

There are alot of new posters on here with the upcoming release of PES10 and FIFA 10. Please read the forum sticky regarding acceptable behavior before posting. Two main points...

1) No personal abuse, unless you want a 1-week ban.
    2) I have no problem anyone discussing the merits of one game over another, so long as the argument consists of intelligent comments. Any evo or fifa fanboy bashing is not welcome.

Brian Plank and gamercfc, I'll be keeping an eye on both of you.

woops sry lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I player the ****e out of it last night anyway, and to be honest it's very similar to 09 with just some fairly minor changes,
    It's definately pretty easy against the AI and yes Mikeyt086/rolleyesface on the hardest modes - I do like the free kicks in it though seem to be able to get a good variety of options although thus far I've only hit the bar a couple of times in games and not scored outside of free play.
    As long as the online works and they stop people making super teams/lose quitting then we should have another good game on our hands, although hopefully pes can trump it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

LADS, Didn't somewhere say that the Custom Set Piece thing was planted in the demo somewhere? If its there how do i do it? lol

Or was I conned? :confused: :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

gamercfc wrote: »
    LADS, Didn't somewhere say that the Custom Set Piece thing was planted in the demo somewhere? If its there how do i do it? lol

Or was I conned? :confused: :P

I was looking for it aswell - couldn't find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

downloadin it now!

downloadin it now!

It's a feckin monster of a download so I hope your patient :D

joe123 wrote: »
    How are you used to hearing it? Like EX-avi or Zavi?

Chavi is the way its pronounced in world football though.

Bit like some people saying Xabi alonso chavi...oh yes ive heard them! Pronounce the B people!

Anyways....:o

World Football ?

His name is Xavi, pronounced Chabi. V is pronounced as a B in Spanish. X = Ch.

That's how his name is pronounced in Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yep it looks worse than 09, which isnt nice! havent played much of it yet but impressions are promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

World Football ?

That's how his name is pronounced in Spain.

Xavi is pronounced chavi.

Xabi (alonso) sometimes is pronounced chavi when its meant to be chabi.

Did you read my post wrong??:confused:

EDIT: (xavi)Chavi Hernanadez
    (xabi)Chabi Alonso.......just so were not getting confused!

CHABI not CHAVI !

CHABI not CHAVI !

Its not.Im 99% sure.

Here try this....http://forvo.com/word/xavier_hern%C3%A1ndez/ click the little play button.

Oh hang on.

Liverpool Xabi Alonso pronounced Chabi.

Barcelona Xavi pronounced Shavee.

Edit:
    The Americans are well acquainted with Xavi (pronounced SHAH-vee). He scored in a 1-0 exhibition victory over the United States last year.
    Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/sports/soccer/24soccer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

who cares?

about the game. I am and always have been a Pro evo man and used to love the getting used to the new game and learning the new tricks and best ways to play. Last year I bit the bullet and went with fifa half way through the year due to it working online. I must say I loved last years but this just seems to be more of the same but a bit faster. Its still good but not a huge leap forward, not that they needed to improve too much, but Im still holding out for some Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oh hang on.

Liverpool Xabi Alonso pronounced Chabi.

Barcelona Xavi pronounced Shavee.

Edit: Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/sports/soccer/24soccer.html

Its shocking that it took not readin 3 posts for you to grasp this and realise your mistake :p. If you are going to argue with people, atleast read what they are saying.
    event wrote: »
    in 09 you used to be able to dummy shoot or pass by pressing long pass then short pass with direction, was a good way to make room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTzHCD66sI

when ive tried it in the demo, it just hits a long pass everytime, have they changed this?

It still works, I've done it in the demo. you can cancel shooting with short pass....and cancel long pass with short pass. Or cancel everything with LT.

Free kicks work off the same system as 09 with minor tweaks. Shooting from them is the same...ive scored a hatful of free kicks so far in the demo. Still as satisfying. You can now do driven low shots though under the jumping wall, which is a nice addition. In the old one, couldn't do that.

Disappointed that the set piece editor isn't in there though.

Kirby wrote: »
    Its shocking that it took not readin 3 posts for you to grasp this and realise your mistake :p. If you are going to argue with people, atleast read what they are saying.

What's shocking about it exactly ? I'm right.

Xavi (Barcelona midfield maestro), his name is pronounced "SHAH-vee".

So get your facts right yeah. Take your own advice on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

What's shocking about it exactly ? I'm right.

So get your facts right yeah. Take your own advice on board.

is it not pronounced "zavvi" like the cd shop? :confused:.

Telling you lads, I was in Barcelona and the locals all told me. I'm not saying the pronounciation may not vary between Spain (basque territory, non basque territory and latin america etc) but the Barcelona midfield maestro is pronounced "Shah-vee"

Guillem Balague from Sky Sports says "Shah-vee" also but I am bringing this off topic for which I do apologise.

Looking forward to Fifa 10 myself, from the general comments on here, it seems as if there is not that much different but the little touches are nicer and welcome ?

I suppose the full package will be more enjoyable as there were also tweaks made to the management mode as well as different game modes right ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Feck it im not buying now..I mean when you pronouce Xavi wrong in the game thats the first and final straw

:P
    Also anyone still not able to get the Henry Flick?Im tapping RB and nothings happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

Have been playing it a good 2 hours and its quite good to my surpise as im a pes man and didn't know what all the fuss about fifa 09 :confused: as i thought it was crap but this is a big improvment........

............hopefully pes 2010 beats the crap out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Speaks for itself mate. B? V? Its make your mind up time. :p

Shall we settle for "That good spanish player"?

Telling you lads, I was in Barcelona and the locals all told me. I'm not saying the pronounciation may not vary between Spain (basque territory, non basque territory and latin america etc) but the Barcelona midfield maestro is pronounced "Shah-vee"

Guillem Balague from Sky Sports says "Shah-vee" also but I am bringing this off topic for which I do apologise.

Looking forward to Fifa 10 myself, from the general comments on here, it seems as if there is not that much different but the little touches are nicer and welcome ?

I suppose the full package will be more enjoyable as there were also tweaks made to the management mode as well as different game modes right ?

Yep sorry also for bringing this completley off topic :o

Thats what I was saying from the start! So to clear things up its pronounced correctly in the game! :)

Back on topic I never fully got to grips with free kicks in fifa 09. If I was close enough in I could usually score the thunder strikes into the top corner but I could never get the more Beckham-esque type where you curl them.

Fifa 10 is really quick compared Fifa 09. Its alot more responsive and I love how you now can ping the ball from flank to flank without it seeming that its floating.

One thing Ive noticed is that the computer chips the ball way to much over your keeper.

Also really like players doing an animation of getting out of the way of a pass and even the ref does it now which is great to see. Was one of the annoying things in fifa 09 when you wanted to spray the ball out wide only for one of your own players to let it just bounce right off him....always seemed to be mascherano with liverpool.

Kirby wrote: »
    Speaks for itself mate. B? V? Its make your mind up time. :p

Shall we settle for "That good spanish player"?

The first time was referring to Xavi Alonso.

Second time, Xavi the "good spanish player"

I regret this conversation now, it's real pedantic. Hopefully nobody I know will ever read this. Enjoy Fifa lads, outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The more I've played it the more I've loved it. I literally can't wait til October 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

joe123 wrote: »

Also really like players doing an animation of getting out of the way of a pass and even the ref does it now which is great to see. Was one of the annoying things in fifa 09 when you wanted to spray the ball out wide only for one of your own players to let it just bounce right off him....always seemed to be mascherano with liverpool.
    Ye i loved that..Game kinda realises the amount of the power you have in your pass would be too much for the player right beside ya so he just jumps over it.Let to me getting a goal.All these tiny little features they've fixed that are making a great..

But anyone able to do the flick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

only played it a small but but at first play looks like the've alo fixed the small step the CB used to do when it correctly gave you guy guy NEAREST the ball. That little step was a killer up against torres,ronaldo or eto. Here's to a good game on the 2nd. Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The first time was referring to Xavi Alonso.

Second time, Xavi the "good spanish player"

I regret this conversation now, it's real pedantic. Hopefully nobody I know will ever read this. Enjoy Fifa lads, outta here.

There is no such player called Xavi Alonso.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Batesy wrote: »
    There is no such player called Xavi Alonso.

Jesus lads just leave it...

Advertisement