Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Jesus lads just leave it...

What he said. You're ruining this thread and hurting my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

its easier to score jammy goals

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/9099517

That was a cross..

miralize wrote: »

That was a cross..

Basing that on ONE goal you got on Amateur against the worst team in the demo?..... ive seen that happen once or twice in 09, it can happen in real life too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

From a total PEShead here I cant wait to buy the full game, really liking the demo at the moment

(And the Arena, :pac:)

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9156607

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

That was a cross..

yea ive done that a few times in 09, it would only bother me if the keeper didn't move for it but as someone already said that happens in real life aswel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

That was a cross..
    Basing that on ONE goal you got on Amateur against the worst team in the demo?..... ive seen that happen once or twice in 09, it can happen in real life too

Haha I love the fact they now tell you what difficulty the player is playing in the online replays.

It is a bit rich to give out about how easy it is to score and post a video scoring against the worst team in the demo on the easiest difficutly.

I play it on the hardest difficulty and it took me 3 games before I scored my first goal. Which was a free-kick.

I played 09 on the hardest setting and scored for fun. Literally beating Chelsea/United etc. 5, 6, 7 nil on most occassions in manager mode. While I enjoyed sticking the goals in I really wanted toughrer games from those teams on the hardest difficulty. Strangely enough, Aston Villa were my boggie team. It felt a bigger match playing them than any of the big four clubs. I'm Arsenal BTW.

I'm enjoying FIFA 10 so far. But it is a bit difficult getting used to 360 dribbling. But getting there.

Also enjoying the tighter matches. And the fact they don't feel scripted to guarantee close matches. It just feels more real than any other football game I've ever played before.

It's not perfect. Obviously. But I don't think any simulation video game will ever be "perfect".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finally got to sit down and test out the demo today. Really enjoyed it. Passing is a lot quicker and I'm liking the quick free quick option.

Roll on October 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Played the 360 demo there, liking it atm, just so many good games coming out this October/November time though, something will have to give

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Goal against me today: AI running at me so I was backtracking, AI goes for shot - my player lunges for a block (a touch that I do like!) and gets his back foot to it. Ball lofts over keeper. Had to smile despite the fact that the keeper didn't make that much of an effort.

Keepers still seem a little afraid of claiming balls that head for the back post.....but still need to convert those ;)

And I'm still terrible at throwing skill moves into actual play. Need the camera used in real play to be in the arena too so I can actually get the flicks, etc in perspective (yes, a poor tradesman blames his tools!)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Had a few deflected goals scored against me too, its actually satisfying because thats part of football... Wonder how long ill be saying that.

I found skills arnt as effective as just flicking the right stick this year, time it right and you can really skin the opponent.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Had a few deflected goals scored against me too, its actually satisfying because thats part of football... Wonder how long ill be saying that.

I found skills arnt as effective as just flicking the right stick this year, time it right and you can really skin the opponent.

That just reminded me that the right stick knock ball ahead is not as responsive as last years.

They must have put a certain way to time it. It used to be work in 09 anytime you pressed it when your player just reached the ball. It would work instantly and knock the ball ahead.

But in this one I time it the same way and it can be a touch or two later that it actually happens. Sure I'll get the hang of it. Just a little different.

God Im awful crap, still getting a feel for the game (new to it and all...)

Great goal scored against me by Ibramhimovic

Loving this game.

But getting frustrated with how hard it is to outpace any defenders. Even with the quickest of strikers and using right thumb knock ahead. I can't seem to ever cut across them and leave them for dead. They just out muscle me.

koHd wrote: »
    Loving this game.

But getting frustrated with how hard it is to outpace any defenders. Even with the quickest of strikers and using right thumb knock ahead. I can't seem to ever cut across them and leave them for dead. They just out muscle me.

Thats what i was talking about a few posts above. I struggled with beating defenders untill i started flicking the stick just as i got up to them, angle it just past them and time it right and you can really burn the defender.

My bad points after giving this a rigerous test are as follows:
    -Through balls are still to easy. How many 1v1's do you see in a football match?
    -The pitch is still far too big, huge holes between midfield and defence.
    -You can still pass the ball from behind your target and he will somehow magically take it in his stride, without turning around.
    -The promises we had about new tackling were not totally true, you can still use the A button to lock in and dissposess your opponent with little to no skill.

Thats it. 4 complaints. I couldnt list the amount of positive points!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Soby wrote: »
    Also anyone still not able to get the Henry Flick?Im tapping RB and nothings happening

same for me.. R1 does nothing, theres gotta be more to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Shzm wrote: »
    same for me.. R1 does nothing, theres gotta be more to it..

You have to hold LT(or L2) as the ball is coming to you and face towards the ball. Then when you press Rb(R1) it should work. I've done it a few times now(though not to great effect!:pac:)

I just love the bridge move :p Did this against a mate:

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9191889

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

playa3 wrote: »
    You have to hold LT(or L2) as the ball is coming to you and face towards the ball. Then when you press Rb(R1) it should work. I've done it a few times now(though not to great effect!:pac:)

Tried holding LT, tapping RB.... tried holding both, tried holding RB on its own... tried tapping RB...

Haven't done it even once yet.

That video posted a few pages back is crazy. How do you do skills by using the left stick? That will just move the player. I'm not sure if its accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is it just me or do those ea sport world videos never load?? Just the spinning icon thing in the middle the whole time?

I could never use the tricks in fifa apart from the one where your running down the sideline and you do this sort of 360 turn to cut inside and the occasional drag to either side.

joe123 wrote: »
    Is it just me or do those ea sport world videos never load?? Just the spinning icon thing in the middle the whole time?

Its just you. Try updating your flash player perhaps?

• Advertisement

donmeister wrote: »

hmm...its not telling me to update the flash player or anything.

Edit: Nope didnt work.

Heh check out this crazy goalkeeper taking out his own defender for me to score;

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9215450

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

playa3 wrote: »

Hmm ill try that

I could never use the tricks in fifa apart from the one where your running down the sideline and you do this sort of 360 turn to cut inside and the occasional drag to either side.
    donmeister wrote: »

its not just you it won't load for me either.... but i'm on the ps3 so thats probably it

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I just love the bridge move :p Did this against a mate:

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9191889

How do ya do that move? If I just flick the right stick they always follow the ball that direction?

Btw fixed the problem with them ea sport world videos not loading by using Firefox instead of IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

koHd wrote: »
    Heh check out this crazy goalkeeper taking out his own defender for me to score;

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9215450

love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

For the last few years, I have been totally adverse to FIFA games for many reasons. I just couldn't get into the heaviness and sluggishness of the play, the over-burdened and frankly ugly graphics engine that have characterised the last few installments. With PES going to hell for the last few years too, I've been put off new football games completely.

So, I was quite pleasantly suprised that with this demo, I actually enjoyed playing. Graphics are quite brilliant and life-like (except for the Frank Lampard job). Felt great to play too.

I'm still not going to buy it, but I think EA have done a proper job if they've made FIFA accessible to a Pro Evo head like myself.

How do ya do that move? If I just flick the right stick they always follow the ball that direction?

Btw fixed the problem with them ea sport world videos not loading by using Firefox instead of IE.

Its all about timing, helps if your not sprinting aswell.

• Advertisement

Just gave it a proper bash last night, only had two games the day it came out.

Have to say even as a highly ranked player(highest 400's, average 1000-2000 on PS3 :pac:) i was struggling in it. Finding it very hard to control my players with the new dribbling, might be that i'm playing it on the Xbox when i always played with the PS3

Very enjoyable and lot's of critical faults have been dealt with.

OLne thing i'm struggling a lot with is my tackling, seems that when you just hold the button you foul, so i'm trying to train my brain out of that and just press it when i think i can win it, free count was very high in all games so far.

Great to be able to play long passes now as well, don't know how many times in 09 i tried to do a 15-20 yard short pass out of defence only to see it go out for a throw or fall miles short of the target, you can really play the ball around in the air, will make the long ball and crossing game more of a factor

Going to play it on the PS3 now see if i can get to grips with the handling any better :D

Advertisement