Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Tried holding LT, tapping RB.... tried holding both, tried holding RB on its own... tried tapping RB...

Haven't done it even once yet.

That video posted a few pages back is crazy. How do you do skills by using the left stick? That will just move the player. I'm not sure if its accurate.

Yea I have to agree with you. Me and my friend have been trying to do it every which way possible with no luck so far!!

Any one actually done it and know how to do it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Peadar_Rua wrote: »
    preverbal

Interesting word that, what does it mean? Before words maybe?

Oh, you meant proverbial! i see.

:p

I'm really liking the demo, have the passes on semi auto, and everything else on manual to make it more fun. I wish there were more teams to choose from but never mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

When is the game out?

When is the game out?

2nd of October.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

OK, I have had time to play the demo over the last few days and I have to say I am very impressed. There is nothing in the game that makes me say "wow!!!" but alot of little changes have been made which all add up.

The Good
    The dribbling is much smoother, and while not true 360 as the advertising may have you believe, it allows for some nice runs. Some of the desperate defending is very well done...players flinging themselves at the ball makes it far more realistic and deflections seem to have a far greater chance of going in.

I also love the new corner viewing angle. You get a much better idea of where to aim the corner. Crossing is now very realistic...tbh, I hated crossing in Fifa09. I think we will see it as a more viable tactic in Fifa10. Graphicwise, the ingame graphics are cleaner and crisper.

The menus haven't changed much, but thats a good thing anyways.

The Bad
    I think the referees are too strict. I received a yellow card for muscling an opponent off the ball! Also, the prematch graphics are dreadfully choppy and this badly needs to be rectified before release. I also noticed alot of inconsistencies in the commentary (ie talking about Chelsea and Barcelona being a derby game). I don't really like the menu music samples that were included. I thought Fifa09 had one of the best game soundtracks ever. I have about 7 of them on my iPhone!

Overall, I definately think there is enough to warrant a purchase, but they need to rectify the demo faults asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Crossing is now very realistic...tbh, I hated crossing in Fifa09.

not to sure about that. the curl that the players seem to generate regardless of which foot they use and their position is very unrealistic.

heres a good example where zhirkov is sprinting and somehow manages to get the ball to swing into the box. the ball just floats around like a baloon.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9095732

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

The computer just did this to me there now. I can see myslef proabably purchasing a Fifa game for the first time in 7 years after this demo. Im enjoying it I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

nicklauski wrote: »
    The computer just did this to me there now. I can see myslef proabably purchasing a Fifa game for the first time in 7 years after this demo. Im enjoying it I have to say.

The AI chip ALOT in this game. To much really. Bring your keeper out and they chip you 9/10 times.

joe123 wrote: »
    The AI chip ALOT in this game. To much really. Bring your keeper out and they chip you 9/10 times.
    I was more impressed the way he outmuscled the defender and then did that :D It's fairly tough on the hardest difficulty. I got beat 3 nil in that game. Then 1-1 with Chelsea. It was only when I played Chicago Fire that I got a result :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Im loving the skilled dribbling at the moment. Didnt know what it was for the first few days but since i found out i have gone on some monumental runs with the likes of Messi, Ribery and Diego.

For those that dont know, holing LT+RT (L2+R2) will let you control the ball and slide left or right or back ala Lionel Messi, its great for beating 2 or 3 players and when done right can be jaw dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Been playing the demo since it came out. I'd say I've played nearly a hundred games. It is well class mate. In fact, I don't think I've ever wanted to get my hands on a game more than this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

After playing the PES10 demo, I really appreciate FIFA's 360 control more now, even if it isn't true 360. Also appreciate the good runs that players make.

I hope the world class difficulty is significantly harder than on 09. Even the hardest difficulty on the 10 demo is fairly handy...put 5 past Juve in 6 mins.

It makes all the improvements to manager mode a bit redundant if the game isn't a challenge, especially as I want to stick to offline mostly this year unless they've removed that ridiculous quit game option for online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

not to sure about that. the curl that the players seem to generate regardless of which foot they use and their position is very unrealistic.

this is the one major thing putting me off this game, its just plain silly if you ask me. takin free kicks you can see how the ball starts off normally enough, then just before half way in its flight it seems to accelerate and bend violently, just completely unrealistic !

I hope the world class difficulty is significantly harder than on 09. Even the hardest difficulty on the 10 demo is fairly handy...put 5 past Juve in 6 mins.

Is that with manual passing, crossing and shooting on?

It makes all the improvements to manager mode a bit redundant if the game isn't a challenge, especially as I want to stick to offline mostly this year unless they've removed that ridiculous quit game option for online play.

No wonder people quit on you!! :p

For online, they really should have a better matching system. Match people who have won less than 100 games etc.

What I would really love is a "random match" option which just gives both players random teams. That would be pretty interesting. I guess people would see which team they got, quit and keep going until they got a good team :(

I think the difficulty is fine. On the hardest difficulty I draw and scrape the odd 1-0's. I think if you're not using nearly all manual controls it's obviously gonna be much easier. I would suggest to anyone finding it too easy to use manual controls because they finally work well this year!

That is the worst thing about online in most games though. People are sore losers. I have never played Fifa online, but I have played PES a bit (when it doesnt lag) and I remember getting beat 6-0 and the guy sent me a message at the end of the game saying I was the only one that never quit after he scored 4!!!

If you're going to play online, surely you must know that no matter how good you are, someone can always beat you, be it luck or skill. But all these douchebags would rather quit than get a hiding!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

That is the worst thing about online in most games though. People are sore losers. I have never played Fifa online, but I have played PES a bit (when it doesnt lag) and I remember getting beat 6-0 and the guy sent me a message at the end of the game saying I was the only one that never quit after he scored 4!!!

If you're going to play online, surely you must know that no matter how good you are, someone can always beat you, be it luck or skill. But all these douchebags would rather quit than get a hiding!!!

Yeah I hate that about online gaming, at least if that occurs in real life, the only person looks and feels like a complete loser regardless of their actions! Online it's just a matter of turning off the console and walking away from your defeat..

I'll always take my beating in the sad hope that I'll get a rematch and can avenge myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

I think the difficulty is fine. On the hardest difficulty I draw and scrape the odd 1-0's. I think if you're not using nearly all manual controls it's obviously gonna be much easier. I would suggest to anyone finding it too easy to use manual controls because they finally work well this year!

i ment to asky this a few this but what is manual controls and how do u apply them?? in options??

I hope there are more difficulty settings in the full game. On world class its pretty handy to get 4-0 wins.

Still have no use for the tricks in the game as much as id love to use them its all about the passing.

Really hope the online has a filter to get rid of people with high disconnection rates as it ruins the game. You couldnt play two back to back games in Fifa without people quitting on you.

Drogba and Anelka up front are demons in or outside the box.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

fifa 09 in the last few months went some like this online

cheater
    cheater
    quiter
    beaten but accepted it
    quiter
    quiter
    cheater
    quiter
    quiter
    quiter
    cheater
    beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

I have played PES a bit (when it doesnt lag) and I remember getting beat 6-0 and the guy sent me a message at the end of the game saying I was the only one that never quit after he scored 4!!!

someone tried to force me to quit when i was beating him in pes. he kept running the ball into his own net from kick off for about 10 minutes when the game was in stoppage time. he eventually lost control of the ball and the game ended at 19-0 to me. :D. if he just quit in the first place it would have only been the standard 3-0 so his goal difference took a severe hammering.

mayordenis wrote: »

cheater
    cheater
    quiter
    beaten but accepted it
    quiter
    quiter
    cheater
    quiter
    quiter
    quiter
    cheater
    beaten

Playing within the last two weeks I have only had about 4/5 quitters and one cheater.

I hate when people get lucky (undeserved) goals :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

ive had people quit on me only 1-0 down very early in the game. very cowardly, very possible to come back from 3 or 4 goals down if you have the will and resolve.

wannabepr wrote: »
    i ment to asky this a few this but what is manual controls and how do u apply them?? in options??

Manual controls does what it says on the tin - you control exactly the power and direction of the kick. Ye can change it in controller settings, not sure of the exact name of the menu but just press start during a match and ye'll find it. They will be on Assisted and Semi by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was a bit worried Fifa 10 was going to be a let down after reading some reviews on different forums but downloaded the demo on wednesday and I think its a lot better than last years anyway. Gameplay is a lot quicker and smooth, passing seems to be quicker, shooting is better, and its possible to beat players this time unlike last years where it was basically impossible. The 360 dribbling isnt exactly 360' but its a big improvement on past games IMO and makes it easier to beat players and turn your opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Matchmaking online has changed for FIFA 10, you can now specifically search for matches by:

Team star rating (eg.Only 2 star teams)
    Disconnection Rating.
    Match Speed (eg. If you like it fast, play fast online)

Aswell as the old ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

mayordenis wrote: »

cheater
    cheater
    quiter
    beaten but accepted it
    quiter
    quiter
    cheater
    quiter
    quiter
    quiter
    cheater
    beaten

you might want to work on winning instead of keeping lists of cheaters. :p

the only cheating I have seen is the people with the teams full of all the best players, is that all it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I very rarely get quitters even If I give someone a fair hammering. I like to think it's because i skip celebrations and replays so make it less painful.

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    I very rarely get quitters even If I give someone a fair hammering. I like to think it's because i skip celebrations and replays so make it less painful.

Your one of the lucky ones so. I always skip replays and celebrations and still get quit on every second match. :mad:

Advertisement