Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

i think the demo is awesome
    360 dribbling is a nice new addition, as is the ability to finally get some decent crosses into the box:rolleyes:

10 days to go wooo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Has anyone else notices the refs getting ridiculously close to the action and getting in the way? Happened to me a good few times in the one game the other night, extremely frustrating.. Thats the kind of thing that would send me bananas online as sh1t like that invariably leads to a goal conceded!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Has anyone else notices the refs getting ridiculously close to the action and getting in the way? Happened to me a good few times in the one game the other night, extremely frustrating.. Thats the kind of thing that would send me bananas online as sh1t like that invariably leads to a goal conceded!

ya i noticed that too, and Andy Gray just laughs(on commentary) when it happens
    i have seen the refs jumping out of the way, or raising their legs so as not to get hit....just adds to the realism i spose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Has anyone tried tackling the refs? :D I wonder do they fall over...or they have no clip mode and you go right through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

daca88 wrote: »
    ya i noticed that too, and Andy Gray just laughs(on commentary) when it happens
    i have seen the refs jumping out of the way, or raising their legs so as not to get hit....just adds to the realism i spose

Roll on the Streakers next year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Soby wrote: »
    Roll on the Streakers next year

They actually had those on Football Glory, which was a Sensible Soccer type clone back in the day! (on the Amiga!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Haha class...One week to go:D...Only thing i hate about the demo is the effort of starting a game all over again.,.Dying for a full length match

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

alright lads, long time reader first time poster

Was slightly disappointed with the demo but I get the feeling the full game will be a whole lot better. Couple of reviews out today

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-review

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1028164p1.html

Both very positive and really getting me excited about the release. FIFA has seriously surpassed PES in recent years, I was a FIFA player until 99, changed to ISS until PES 2008, which was terrible, while FIFA 08 had made great improvements. Hopefully it continues!

Will people post on Thursday evening if any stores have the game for sale early? I'm that mad to get my hands on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I've only recently started playing Fifa 08 having been a lifelong Pro Evo fan, I think my last Fifa was 98! so ten years on I didn't know what to expect from it but decided to give it a go and....well i'm sold , I think Pro evo 09 really pissed me off the gameplay just isn't improving nor is the game to warrent 70 bucks being shelved out for it, sound track was awful as always and I just love how "real" fifa feels will definatly be buying Fifa 10 instead this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Has anyone managed how to work out that "bridge" move in the game yet? I can sort of do it with messi when i slow down and flick it just before the defender/gk comes in. But not properly yet....

Im finding the likes of messi apart from his pace kind of not much use in the game because he gets brushed of the ball so easily.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed how to work out that "bridge" move in the game yet? I can sort of do it with messi when i slow down and flick it just before the defender/gk comes in. But not properly yet....

Im finding the likes of messi apart from his pace kind of not much use in the game because he gets brushed of the ball so easily.

Which is the bridge one?....

I think the opposite, i think players like Messi have MORE of an effect, if you control it right and take off in the right direction you can leave the defender for dust, and since the crosses work now you can get ball into the box more instead of always having to try cut back.

Their TRUE effectiveness will come to the fore in online, the computer will never stray too far from your player(when tackling) and you can't catch them out with quick turns.

Since crosses work now players wont be able to just hold the inside line to prevent you from cutting inside(like in 08/09) so wingers didn't play a massive role (as the line you wanted to take was obvious), at least now there's two options so wingers will have a massive impact this year

I think the opposite, i think players like Messi have MORE of an effect, if you control it right and take off in the right direction you can leave the defender for dust, and since the crosses work now you can get ball into the box more instead of always having to try cut back.

Their TRUE effectiveness will come to the fore in online, the computer will never stray too far from your player(when tackling) and you can't catch them out with quick turns.

Since crosses work now players wont be able to just hold the inside line to prevent you from cutting inside(like in 08/09) so wingers didn't play a massive role (as the line you wanted to take was obvious), at least now there's two options so wingers will have a massive impact this year

i didnt have a problem with the crossing in 09, i used to use aston villa online and the crossing was great for me getting the ball into Carew.. the wingers played a massive part in my game plan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

ya crossing in 09 was really effective if you worked at it. I was mainly a wing player and it served me very well. The crossing in the fifa10 demo is a bit odd, for some reason it was on assisted by default and not semi like in 09. When it was on assisted for some reason no matter what ball i put in it would float to the back post even with nobody there, thats not the good kind of assistance lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Its when your running past a player and you put the ball one way and you run the other basically running around the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nobody should be stuggling to control Messi. He is a lethal weapon in this game. The problem for some is that playing styles have a HUGE impact in FIFA 10, if youve got Drogba, you can run powerfully at defenders knowing if they come in and try to win it you can out muscle them. With Messi, you have to avoid the physical game and look to dribble to space, skilled dribbling "LT+RT/L2+R2" is your best friend here. Messi can cut to beat players effortlessly.

This is the bridge move done by myself with a nice result:
    http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9191889

When a defender (or goalie) comes at you, flick the right stick (nothing else) where you would want to knock the ball. Its really easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Whats peoples opinions on using manual??

I never used it before but me and my friend start trying it out yesterday. It seems very good, especially for passing a through balls but It does seem like a lot more effort and does cause more random mistakes! But I would definitely keep at it, if I felt it would be worth it!

So do you lot use it? Did it take long to get used to?? Is it worth it???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Ardent

Loved the PC demo.

Downloaded the PC version of the full game last night. Started a new season with Liverpool today and played a few games. From a former PES-er, this is an outstanding game. Everything is top notch - ball physics, physical interactions between players, player movements, keeper reactions, passing, shooting - it's got it all. You feel like you're immersed in a proper game of football.

Will be buying this for the PC the minute it comes out!! The king is dead, long live the king.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

T-b0n3 wrote: »

I never used it before but me and my friend start trying it out yesterday. It seems very good, especially for passing a through balls but It does seem like a lot more effort and does cause more random mistakes! But I would definitely keep at it, if I felt it would be worth it!

Thanks

i always use it and think its the best way to play fifa, theres more satisfaction when you score. i started using it in fifa 08 and it took awhile to get used to it, there was alot of 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws. it did get frustrating at first but if you stick with it you'll find it hard to go back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have been using it for a long time. Makes for a more fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

you can get the best of both worlds tbh. If you leave it on assisted, you can manual pass by holding down LT and holding the pass, and it will ignore the assist and aim where you want.

• Advertisement

Thanks

It's more rewarding, you can play some brilliant through balls with manual on. It does take a bit to get used to but is definitely worth it. Makes the game more natural imo.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Nobody should be stuggling to control Messi. He is a lethal weapon in this game. The problem for some is that playing styles have a HUGE impact in FIFA 10, if youve got Drogba, you can run powerfully at defenders knowing if they come in and try to win it you can out muscle them. With Messi, you have to avoid the physical game and look to dribble to space, skilled dribbling "LT+RT/L2+R2" is your best friend here. Messi can cut to beat players effortlessly.

This is the bridge move done by myself with a nice result:
    http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9191889

When a defender (or goalie) comes at you, flick the right stick (nothing else) where you would want to knock the ball. Its really easy to do.

Ya i saw someone doing that before(in a vid) i taught it was just using the pass button lightly, so if you press the analogue without holding a direction(on the left one) he'll tap it as opposed to taking the run... i'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

does anyone know if tesco are doing a launch deal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Had some friends over for some 2v2 last night - played FIFA '09 (as a sendoff) and then the FIFA '10 demo. So much better! Matches feel frantic at times, pace is definately upped...It just feels better! Still some crazy going-ons - keepers can be erratic for one. But a very enjoyable game!

Roll on Friday!

🤪

Thanks for all the comments regarding manual controls. I'm sticking with it for the moment and really enjoying it. Your in complete control and gives the game a much more realistic feel and way more rewarding :D

Really looking forward to the full game on Friday.

Thanks for all the comments regarding manual controls. I'm sticking with it for the moment and really enjoying it. Your in complete control and gives the game a much more realistic feel and way more rewarding :D

Really looking forward to the full game on Friday.

What's your Gamertag? i'll add you for some proper manual matches if you're up for it...:)

What's your Gamertag? i'll add you for some proper manual matches if you're up for it...:)

Unfortunately don't have live mate. Have a modded console and just never really use it. Normally just play with mates and stuff. Might try get Live set up soon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Does anyone know if you can change the controller set up in the demo? I've played pro evo for years, can't be arsed trying to get used to fifa's control system

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Quint wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can change the controller set up in the demo? I've played pro evo for years, can't be arsed trying to get used to fifa's control system
    Yeah, just select Alternate at that start screen after it asks you your skill level. Or go into the pause menu at the start of the game and set it up whatever way you want. I go for the Alternate setting myself, but leave the shoulder/triggers as they are. I prefer RT to sprint than RB anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Rynaldo

awesome demo.

Advertisement