Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Demo

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

I must have played this demo about a thousand times by now! Im hooked on it! Havent even played 09 since it has come out! Roll on Friday, could be embarrassing what time i play to on friday night/sat morning!! :D

I dont know how i can enter into the boards fifa 10 league? Or is it still possible to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Danow247 wrote: »

I dont know how i can enter into the boards fifa 10 league? Or is it still possible to?

I never thought of that. I wouldn't mind entering it either. I enjoy the demo and even borrowed 09 (after slating it last year) and am playing that more than the Demo now.

I'm really looking forward to this too, even have a Fifa night planned in the pub Friday night after hours :D

nicklauski wrote: »
    Yeah, just select Alternate at that start screen after it asks you your skill level. Or go into the pause menu at the start of the game and set it up whatever way you want. I go for the Alternate setting myself, but leave the shoulder/triggers as they are. I prefer RT to sprint than RB anyway :D

Ya it felt terrible going back to R1 in the PES demo last week, just didn't feel right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Bad points:
    -The goalkeepers have a mind of their own..and not a stable one. They come out early FAR too often.

-The ref gets in the way a bit.

-The shooting takes a while to get used to.

-commentry has not(barely) changed now in 3 years.

-the match intro and teams lining up are exactly the same.

good points:

+easier to pull off tricks and skills

+360 dribbling

+some players are stronger the others, really feels like your strong forwaard has the edge over a weak defender.

+speed of the game

Kirby wrote: »
    you can get the best of both worlds tbh. If you leave it on assisted, you can manual pass by holding down LT and holding the pass, and it will ignore the assist and aim where you want.

Are you sure about that ?

I tried it tonight and it just wasn't working. Manual is too much for me so ideally I'd love this setting. Are you sure it's LT on the 360 controller ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yes. hold down LT, then hold a direction, then hold down A. Works for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I sold FIFA '09 on Ebay for E2.98 because I know it would never feel right playing it after playing this demo.

I loved '09. But man is '10 is o much better.

At first glance you'd think it was the same game. But anybody that played '09 to death and then played '10 for a good period of time will tell you the gameplay is so different with the new elements such as 360 dribbling and strength importance.

Can't wait for Friday to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Teams every a55hole is gonna pick this year.

1. Barcelona
    2. Real Madrid
    3. Man Utd
    4. Chelsea
    5. Man City

Hell I'd even say more will pick Man City than Utd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Im still playing Fifa 09, STILL people continue to pick Man Utd..and wont budge off them. So sad.

Id pick someone like Cameroon.....for a change......not a movemnet out of them. Man utd. Man utd. Man utd.

This year it will be Real Madrid. How good are they gonna be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Im still playing Fifa 09, STILL people continue to pick Man Utd..and wont budge off them. So sad.

Id pick someone like Cameroon.....for a change......not a movemnet out of them. Man utd. Man utd. Man utd.

Yea that is frustrating.

Join an online league and get to know the players on the leagues forums so you fill your friends list up with people you know will change up teams for the craic of playing.

There's the league on here, or www.completegamingnetwork.com is a nice community of footy game fans with really well run leagues with promotion/relegation and cup systems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

koHd wrote: »
    Yea that is frustrating.

Join an online league and get to know the players on the leagues forums so you fill your friends list up with people you know will change up teams for the craic of playing.

There's the league on here, or www.completegamingnetwork.com is a nice community of footy game fans with really well run leagues with promotion/relegation and cup systems.

The official boards league run by Futureguy and the lads that help him is really good and is one of the major reasons im going out and getting Fifa 10. (unless I win it in amongst the posters that all seem to have very few posts! even a few 1 posters in it but oh well :cool:)

This never bothered me, I would usually use Aston Villa and beat them even if they were United or Barca.

Villa were awesome in 09

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes. hold down LT, then hold a direction, then hold down A. Works for me anyway.

Ok I got it, I'll try it later on then.

Advertisement