Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Bernard Dunne v Poonsawat Kratingdaengym thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Poonsawat points win
    Dunne taking shots from the thai and has some great counter punches.
    Dunne Out for the count and back up. Caught with 3 superp shots from the thai.
    Dunne bleeding bad in the ear.
    Not looking good for Dunne, fell over..hard to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

he seemed to stop a few times before he was knocked down 1sr ???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Poonsawat points win
    Uh oh

Dunne & dusted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 killman

Other - no contest, draw, technical draw etc
    lost dunne is out cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Poonsawat points win
    fail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Poonsawat points win
    And let the post mortem begin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

over. fcuk sake what was doing trading blows with this guy so early on, shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Shít!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

God, what happened? Started so strong..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus, that was feckin heartbraking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Disaster, he started so well and then got carried away. As I suspected Dunne got caught up with the melee in the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Poonsawat points win
    holy fúck, I should have put money on that... the whole run up to the fight I was thinking dunne is getting knocked out in the 3rd... over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

****. He's gone. But thankfully he's up and going again. It's hard to see where he went wrong...he was doing excellently up until a small moment. He's still a great Irish athlete though, and these things happen. He'll be back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Poonsawat points win
    Got drawn into a slugfest with a stronger man. In a nutshell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

was it as bad as it sounded?

Poonsawat points win
    that thai was pure class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

First 2 rounds were great but what a disaster in the 3rd. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jungle Bunny

Dunne points win
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

He had to stand off, once he was in close he was stuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Done well in the 1st round,

even enough in 2nd, Poonsawat back into it,

No contest in round 3,

Can't see anyway back for Bernard now, fair play to where he got to though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Poonsawat points win
    Well I'm gutted for Bernard but not surprised. There was always a danger that his chin would not be good enough. What a pity.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What a shame, that lad can punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Poonsawat points win
    Deja Vu. Gone - in every sense of the word.

The commentary on RTE is an absolute joke, Dunne gets a clear blow "I didn't see a punch, did they knock heads?" and then another one "What? I didn't see a punch. Why's he on the ground?"

Deserved winner. Too bad for Dunne.

Poonsawat points win
    Can't see him picking up that belt again although if he tries i'll be following him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Thai fighter knew after the first round he had the measure of Dunne. It was just a matter of when he'd catch up with him. He started closing the ring off and in the end Dunne had to start trading. I could see it going only one way then.

Fair play to Bernard. He started well, and does seem to have developed more strength but he came up against an excellent fighter this evening, who is no Kiko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Jaysus, the first two round were great for Dunne but Poonsawat showed his class in the third, fair play to him, but im devestated that Dunne lost.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Well done Bernard, your a star and a class act..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Poor old Bernard, back to the day job now, whatever that is. Will Irish boxing ever have a McGuigan again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Got sucked in. Again. And lost. Again. Shame, but he showed for most of thefirst two rounds how to win this fight. Still, he was world champion, not many thought he'd ever get that far in the first place.

He's just acknowledged himself that stupidity cost him the fight. Feel for the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Jackeenboy

Dunne is a better boxer! As he said he got drawn into fighting. First 2 rounds he dominated. He will be back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And he's bloody rambling now !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Poonsawat points win
    Poor old Bernard, back to the day job now, whatever that is. Will Irish boxing ever have a McGuigan again..
    A world champion featherweight you mean?

Fyi this was Bantamweight. And if its another top class world champion, we had Steve Collins also who fought the very best in his time.

Not a very nice comment to make after a Bernard's loss. The guy might not have been the best in his weight but he still got a world title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Poonsawat points win
    aw no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Deja Vu. Gone - in every sense of the word.

The commentary on RTE is an absolute joke, Dunne gets a clear blow "I didn't see a punch, did they knock heads?" and then another one "What? I didn't see a punch. Why's he on the ground?"

Deserved winner. Too bad for Dunne.

This is why i watched with the sound off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marcusluck

stay away from power punchers if you have a suspect chin imo,bernard stayed in the pocket ater his combos instead he should of thrown his jabs right after his combo and on his bike again then get another combo off start it over again(the plan)..he played right into the thai fighter fight...
    pissed off:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Dunne under-estimated this Thai boxer in my opinion......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Fair play bernard, can't be too harsh on him, the thai is a beast and their's an obvious reason why no other champion would fight him.
    Bernard's chin just isn't upto it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I never got the Bernard Dunne "Fad", he was selling out arenas and i thought he was totally over rated.

That was until the Cordoba fight, he showed what a total warrior he was, he was being beaten up, was on the canvas, and he came back from the brink of defeat and became World Champion.

The man earned my complete respect that night and i have to say, that tonight my respect has grown for the man.

He has been defeated, but he had nothing but respect for his opponent afterwards and i've never heard him have a bad word to say. He's a gentleman and, in my opinion, a great ambassador for the sport and i really wish him all the best and hope he can come back stronger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Poor old Bernard, back to the day job now, whatever that is.

Boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

He was jabbing and spinning so well, and obviously looked the far better in the first two. However, at some stage he was GOING to get drawn in. It was inevitable. I dont think he couldve kept the jabbing up for 12, no way. He was taking the odd big shot, even when he was throwing singles/doubles and moving.

Poonsawat was FAR stronger, you could see it from rd 2.

I think this might be the end for Bernard, and probably for the best, I dont see where he's going from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Hard luck bernard the thai lad was really good though

Irony of ironies, i was watching rocky before the fight and left it on in the background (watched the fight on rte.ie) and it was just at the end, when rocky won bernard lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I never got the Bernard Dunne "Fad", he was selling out arenas and i thought he was totally over rated.

That was until the Cordoba fight, he showed what a total warrior he was, he was being beaten up, was on the canvas, and he came back from the brink of defeat and became World Champion.

The man earned my complete respect that night and i have to say, that tonight my respect has grown for the man.

He has been defeated, but he had nothing but respect for his opponent afterwards and i've never heard him have a bad word to say. He's a gentleman and, in my opinion, a great ambassador for the sport and i really wish him all the best and hope he can come back stronger!

Pretty much exactly how I felt about him before Cordoba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

When I think about it I think it's easy to say Bernard got carried away however looking back Poonsawat was putting on huge pressure relentlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Scien wrote: »
    Nice Career you had there Bernard.
    is there any need for the flippant remark?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

Yeah he can move and has a decent jab. Just cant take a punch. (some punch though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

consultech wrote: »
    He was jabbing and spinning so well, and obviously looked the far better in the first two. However, at some stage he was GOING to get drawn in. It was inevitable. I dont think he couldve kept the jabbing up for 12, no way. He was taking the odd big shot, even when he was throwing singles/doubles and moving.

Poonsawat was FAR stronger, you could see it from rd 2.

I think this might be the end for Bernard, and probably for the best, I dont see where he's going from here.

I think Boxing fans are too quick to write off boxers after a loss!

The guy has lost just twice, and one of those wins was in a World Title Fight. To say he's done is ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Dunne points win
    now get out and run those 5 mile runs each morning Bernard!

you could have heard a pin drop when he went down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Jackeenboy

He has at least 2 more fights in him maybe more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Jimmy McGee was a disgrace again tonight. He is a legend but he days as a boxing commentator are up. He total missed all of the major punches and rambled on a bout how many names he had.

Absolute joke again dame the last fight!!

For god sake man we are not interested in your Google exploits.

Hard luck Bernard!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement