Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price sq ft for Bungalow South East

Options
  • 31-08-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi All,

Would anyone have ball part figure for 2000 sq foot bungalow to allow for some stone work on feature walls to front of house and coloured plasterwork externally, PVC windows, facia and soffit, semi solid doors internally, 400 sq foot garage, price to inlcude entrance, ground works, kerbing and paths external to house. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Angela59:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

angela59 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Would anyone have ball part figure for 2000 sq foot bungalow to allow for some stone work on feature walls to front of house and coloured plasterwork externally, PVC windows, facia and soffit, semi solid doors internally, 400 sq foot garage, price to inlcude entrance, ground works, kerbing and paths external to house. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Angela59:)

Hey Angela,
    Depending on spec, method of building, quality of finishes, etc. you could spend anywhere between €75 and €125 per sq foot. So in the region between €150,000 to €250,000.
    Is it a detatched garage or joined to the house? The garage could cost around €20,000 if it's detatched, a good bit less if it's joined to the house.
    As a comparison, my house is all finished in stone, as is front of detatched garage, I've Underfloor heating, Breton slab floor for upstairs, natural slate roof, all oak carpentry, condensor boiler, Stratford stove, uPVC windows, timber ceilings in some rooms, raft foundation, stone walls and piers, etc, etc..
    Price will be coming in at just under €100 per square foot. That includes basic landscaping on a 1 acre site. It's a lot of work and we've gone for all high quality finishes.
    If you budget for €100 per square foot, you'll not be far off the mark..
    Hope that's some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 angela59

Hi RunForestRun,

Really appreciate your reply. I'm hoping to have the garage attached to the house. Do you mind me asking is that a direct labour quote or did you get a building contractor. You've done very well for E100 sq foot whatever the route - well done and complete stone exterior! What part of the country are you in as regions do vary!

We build our existing house 16 years ago it is 2800 sq foot two storey on 1 acre. We now want to build a 2000 sq foot bungalow on a half acre.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Angela59

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

angela59 wrote: »
    Hi RunForestRun,

Really appreciate your reply. I'm hoping to have the garage attached to the house. Do you mind me asking is that a direct labour quote or did you get a building contractor. You've done very well for E100 sq foot whatever the route - well done and complete stone exterior! What part of the country are you in as regions do vary!

We build our existing house 16 years ago it is 2800 sq foot two storey on 1 acre. We now want to build a 2000 sq foot bungalow on a half acre.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Angela59

No problem Angela,
    Its a strange mix between contractor and direct labour we're doing, direct labour all being organised by primarily a relative who's in the trade and myself.. We're building in the Northeast so I think tradesmen are cheaper in the area and we're sourcing a good amount of stuff from the North.
    You'd need to decide pre-planning about garage... There's probably more advantages to having it as part of the house, cost being the biggest..
    Best of luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emmett99

you should get a quantity surveyor to price it for ya, ya will have a total elemental breakdown of the house, garage and the site works, you will know to the meter how muck blockwork, plastering, painting, skirting flooring and concrete etc to order

i work as a quantity surveyor and anyone who gets it done for a one off house says its the best thing they have every done, most quantity surveyors would probably do it for between 200 and 300euro and it will save you thousands and thousands in the long run

Advertisement