Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connectionist Computing

Options
  • 31-08-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

If you are a good student most 3rd and 4th year classes shouldnt be an issue. If you have sat the pre required classes then you should have enough background to do well in the class. Looks like AI type stuff so its fine

Oh and yes it should limit you in future years. How much I've no idea. You will be able to take 4th year classes in 3rd and 4th year, but wont be allowed to sit 2nd year classes in 3rd or 4th year. If there are a lot of electives that interest you then go for it. You may be allowed to do modules in other departments in future years (I did this with business and physics departments)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I did this module in 4th year, found the subject matter quite interesting. It's rather maths-heavy, I will warn you on that. The marking isn't too bad, however I did a stinker of an exam. 4th year has a LOT of choice so doing it now shouldn't be such a big deal - however it's easy to make up a lot of marks from the continuous assessment (this module is 50% CA and the paper summaries are practically guaranteed marks) so it's nice to have that in 4th year. Also be aware that all semester 2 4th year courses are taught in 7 weeks, summer exam will be in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

I picked Intro to comp forensics and intro to cognitive science for my electives. Anyone have any opinions on these aswell. Going into stage two aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I did it in 3rd year. Definitely wouldn't recommend it. Lectures are very waffly and come exam time it was hard to figure out exactly what questions were going to be based on.
    There's 20% on 4 different article summaries which is a free 20%. Then there's 30% on a practical assignment that was also vague and unsatisfying.
    There is a lot more choice in semester 1 of 4th year than semester 2. Since this takes place in the 2nd semester it does limit your options a bit.

Advertisement