Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Modification, what have you come across?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Bahahahaha... trust me... you dont wanna see what I saw!! :eek:

Soundman wrote: »
    As far as I recall it was a fake done for April Fool's or something. Correct me if I am wrong Will and others...

Hmm It was posted on april 1st 1999?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah the twin thing was a joke

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Will wrote: »
    Same, was so tempted to ask the girl if she would, but was a very weird request so i didn't.

I've gotten requests like that from naive culchies who've never come across a tongue piercing before. I also get looks of pure horror when they see a septum piercing.

I haven't seen anything too mad in Ireland, and there's no-one here I'd trust to do such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

I know of someone who had a navel removal done by a mody mod artist recently...she wanted a flat surface to tattoo over and has always hated her navel - so she got rid of it.

I wouldn't get it done - but I do think it's a cool idea tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Gauge wrote: »
    Allow me to lighten things up by confessing that I really want to kiss someone with a split tongue.

:o

id really like to try that one too! :)
    Will wrote: »
    all you ladies are thinking it, dont deny it. i bet it's the first use that popped into your heads. don't act so high and mighty

i can honestly say it was the first thing to pop into my head! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i actually really like ear pointing, its oddly cute!
    It doesn't work long term unless it's done as a baby or is done by plastic surgery as I was informed by the guys in snakebite last year :(

As for the tongue split I've been thinking bout it for the last year, I'll see in a few years time do I still want it, if I do I'll get it. I heard it's a nightmare to get it to heal back together

and youll have a list of people wanting to kiss you afterwards... including willface :D lol

Out of curiosity where would perform tongue splitting?

nowhere in ireland, it's not something advertised as it aint entirely legal. in the grey area

• Advertisement

Thought so, A lot of the body mod stuff isnt legal is it?

grey area is all I will say :)
    If you look hard enough for something you will find it

that is true! im sure youd come across someone!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

ardinn wrote: »
    O.K. Do people recommend I google the above or not?
    Don't if you've eaten in the last hour or so and don't have a weak stomach. That stuff's pretty hardcore so if you're in any way squeamish I'd say don't bother. Let's just say 'head splitting' doesn't affect anything above your shoulders.

edit: I must admit I'd be interested in finding out what kissing someone with a tongue split would feel like. Although unless my fiancé decides to get his done I think I can continue to wonder :)

Toots* wrote: »
    Let's just say 'head splitting' doesn't affect anything above your shoulders.

I actually thought it was something to do with an actual head on shoulders, I was like how would that work, thats why I got such a shock:eek::eek::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I've seen a fair bit of live mods and the more extreme stuff online, the most disturbing would have to be the people who've made themselves eunuchs and others who've chopped off their own fingers/toes (chipping I believe it's called).
    Here's the enigma getting some scarification, also take a gander at his re-shaped ears. If this is a little too extreme for general consumption, mods feel free to remove or delete.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/diceicle/Tattoos/Tattoo%20Inspiration/gr6s-enigmas.jpg <-- NSFW link

All i can say is.... Would ya be bothered?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

All i can say is.... Would ya be bothered?!

I'm sure some people who aren't modded at all would say the same about us lightly modded folk.

While I may not like everything that extreme, I can't judge their reasons for doing it. There's been a few stories on modblog about voluntary amputation and it made me think that a few lumps of metal through my skin makes me happy but for others it simply isn't enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

the other day in new york i saw that guy that has made himself look like a cat, he's kinda chubby with cat features and a split top lip, striper tatts all over his face... i was so surprised and a bit freaked that i didn't take a picture which i regretted as soon as i realised i was too far away to go back....
    i'm not squeamish or anything but he did actually look scary...
    he looked not too unlike mickey rourke in a weird way too.

stalking cat aka dennis avner

• Advertisement

I thought that was a woman!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I've seen a lot of those extreme mods, mostly on BME, the genitalia mods, and one guy who self amputated a couple of toes, then went around standing in oil and other stuff to get it infected so he could get half his foot amputated. He also cut "himself" down to a stump.

I don't know why some poeple would want to do these sort of things, but who am I to judge. People think the same of me and my piercings.

Advertisement