Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady's opinion

Options
  • 31-08-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Went to my friends dinner party on Friday only to meet a girl that though I have met in passing a few times really took my fancy. Anyway, as I partially knew this girl I couldn't make a move on her, I did feel some vibes but then I would question them and there was a lot of friends coming too and fro from the dance floor and it was awkward. Sometimes she stayed and other times she would go out for a dance. D'ont worry I was out there as well occasionally.

So toward the end of the night I made an excuse to get her number saying we'll i have everyone elses and though she put it in my phone I'm not sure if she wanted to. Then when she left with part of the group, I text her friend to say good night and then her to say similar. Her friend replied when she got home and it wasnt til afternoon the next day that she replied, included a few questions etc. . I suggested that the next time she's in Cork as she does sometimes visit friends etc. to let me know and we'd meet up to which she later replied sure but included 'at some stage'. In a following text she replied though did say good night dude (but I gather this is a preferred) word that the group like to use.

Is this girl interested?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hornyfemale

I know if I gave a guy a number who said he just wanted to have it cause he had everyone elses and then he started texting me the next day I'd be a bit confused and probably a bit stand offish.
    I'd leave it for a few days and text her to say you're heading her way for whatever reason and would she fancy meeting for a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I don't give a guy my number unless I want him to get in touch, but isn't all this texting a bit juvenile? I'm always far more impressed when the guy calls me because I've gotten into so many text-tennis things that went nowhere. My current OH has always called me and only sent texts to confirm plans or send a goodnight message.
    My lady advice is to pick up the phone and talk to her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks folks, yes it is all a bit juvenille and would never be my typical approach. I generally am relatively good with these things but with a girl I know through friends I have a lot more to lose if I get shot down.

Advertisement