Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail?

Options
  • 31-08-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering if Irish rail use any form of VHF or PMR system for communicating with trains?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Have a search between 456 to 457Mhz, 461 to 462Mhz and you should pick up something for Irish Rail

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

you hear a continous tone until someone makes a call. It sounds as if it's full duplex between the driver and depot, like a phone call. Mad coverage no matter where you are (within reason)...very strong signals.

The continous tone is a bit irritating though if you want to leave the scanner monitoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is there voice on those channels?

It was mostly just data any time that I have monitored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Most of the time I only hear automated messages for level crossings. I have heard voice but not that often though.

Advertisement