Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Marshall MG100DFX

Options
  • 01-09-2009 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi im wondering should i sell my MG and buy a line 6 instead. I recently bought my nephew a 15w line 6 spider and thought the sound was brilliant for such a small amp. I listen and play mostly stuff like MUSE and thought it might suit better? If you have any suggestions please post, also if im selling the Marshall ive no idea how much to sell it for? Its under a year old and ive played it only in my bedroom.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I would sell the mg and buy a Vox Valvetronix amp, not a line 6. Pretty much better than both of those amps easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

as above, get a vox AD100, i think it has been changed to the VT100 now, I had an MG, then changed to an AD100, The vox is so much better. I also have a line 6 spider 2 120 watt, the vox sounds way better then the line 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BigBear321

Thanks for the replies, how much should i sell the mg for its in great condition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

adverts.ie

there are a few MGs for sale there as well, so it should give a good idea of an asking price

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

Line 6 over the MG, Line 6 has some seriously great built in sounds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CatacombKittens

BigBear321 wrote: »
    Hi im wondering should i sell my MG and buy a line 6 instead. I recently bought my nephew a 15w line 6 spider and thought the sound was brilliant for such a small amp. I listen and play mostly stuff like MUSE and thought it might suit better? If you have any suggestions please post, also if im selling the Marshall ive no idea how much to sell it for? Its under a year old and ive played it only in my bedroom.
    Thanks

I think Matt normally uses Marshall type tones but an MG won't necessarily be all that good at real Marshall tones. Get a Valvetronix and a Fuzz pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

No matter what amp you get, losing the MG is a good idea.
    an MG won't necessarily be all that good at real Marshall tones.

I think it's fair to say that this is a dramatic understatement. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

an MG won't necessarily be all that good at tones

I fixed it for you!! :)

Advertisement