Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reapeat fees?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

I have 20 credits to make up this semester. Then i will have graduated. Now i went to check my fees and I have a €4,126.00 payment to make on "undergraduate tuition fees"!!!!!!

What the hell is this about? Can I get a grant to cover this. I am especially sickened about this because I could of done all the modules required last year but was advised to spread it over 3 semesters (semester X) and that I would only have to pay the levy not the fees!

Please clear this up for me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

you are much better off to contact either the fees office or student desk with this query.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

If you are repeating modules you are liable for a certain fee per module, which won't be covered by a grant. As the previous poster said, it would be best to contact the fees and grants office or the student help desk and seek their help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

It'll be €230 per repeat/resit.

If they are electives you can change them to avoid being capped and then the fee depends on the school. For example, an elective in Comm/Arts is €340 iirc. (comm/arts is NOT the school you are in but the school the elective is in) whereas an elective in Med is dearer.

You should have to pay youe:
    €1500 fees
    €157.50 levy fo SU centre
    €X amount in modul repeat fees depending on which ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

It'll be €230 per repeat/resit.

If they are electives you can change them to avoid being capped and then the fee depends on the school. For example, an elective in Comm/Arts is €340 iirc. (comm/arts is NOT the school you are in but the school the elective is in) whereas an elective in Med is dearer.

You should have to pay youe:
    €1500 fees
    €157.50 levy fo SU centre
    €X amount in modul repeat fees depending on which ones.

Yeh i know that steve, but what i got was
    €157.50 Levy
    €1500 fees

but some crazy €4126.00 for "undergraduate fees"

I talked to a friend and he had the same and rang them and they said it was a mistake! so hoping same for me...thats like an IO buy in!! need it for then

Advertisement