Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart - best ISP in Ireland

Options
  • 01-09-2009 12:50am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ironically (given their financial difficulties), today a report has found Smart to be the best ISP in Ireland:
    Smart Telecom was deemed the best ISP according to Epitiro’s assessment methodology, reaching 76% of its advertised web surfing speed, and finishing top in several key performance indicator categories.

http://www.epitiro.com/news/ireland-internet-performance-index.html

Good work lads, something to be proud of.

However I'm surprised UPC wasn't included in the report.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Hear hear.

Let's hope they can find a buyer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I honestly hope they find somebody, Vodafone seem a likely buyer given their recent expansions with Perlico and BT

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

I'm not surprised. I've been using Smart for the past year and a half and it's an excellent broadband offering.

I've used Eircom, BT and UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I've used pretty much all the broadband providers available to me over the years through DSL, cable and fixed wireless. Nobody and I mean NOBODY comes close to matching Smart Telecom on service.

However, they could raise their prices just a tad and still remain competitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

Cabaal wrote: »
    I honestly hope they find somebody, Vodafone seem a likely buyer given their recent expansions with Perlico and BT

Smart's business is all LLU. I don't see Vodafone being interested in Smart after the BT deal.

O2 are most likely in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Won't they just feck them up if they buy them though?

Or will they keep the same pricing plan?

Smart are the best because its a good service at an affordable price. No caps (FUP) is a big attraction for many people who just don't want the hassle of worrying about that nonsense.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

thebman wrote: »
    Smart are the best because its a good service at an affordable price. No caps (FUP) is a big attraction for many people who just don't want the hassle of worrying about that nonsense.

Smart now has a 170GB cap, introduced about a month ago, probably in preparation for their new owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

thebman wrote: »
    Won't they just feck them up if they buy them though?

Or will they keep the same pricing plan?

actually i found ntl pricing better; i'm paying ~80pm for smart compared to 60pm for ntl and for a slower speed. (ntl also do offer no limits if you want to pay more or so I've read a few times on boards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

kaimera wrote: »
    actually i found ntl pricing better; i'm paying ~80pm for smart compared to 60pm for ntl and for a slower speed. (ntl also do offer no limits if you want to pay more or so I've read a few times on boards)

Oh yeah I know, I'll be going with NTL soon because they are available in my area but for many people like my parents, NTL isn't an option but they can get BB from eircom or reseller and Smart offer the best options there IMO.

Advertisement