Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we afford to lose talent such as this...?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6797897.ece

Switzerland is a VERY interesting country and must surely rank as one of THE best places to take-the-air after emerging from a very deep and stagnant pool.

Surely somebody on Boards has a few Stats to allow comparison with our little wepublic...do they Rent or Buy ?....are they aware of what the term "Dead Money means....?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,420 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

AlekSmart wrote: »
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6797897.ece

Switzerland is a VERY interesting country and must surely rank as one of THE best places to take-the-air after emerging from a very deep and stagnant pool.

Surely somebody on Boards has a few Stats to allow comparison with our little wepublic...do they Rent or Buy ?....are they aware of what the term "Dead Money means....?

why do I hope he ends up qualifying for social housing?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The old joke told to me when I worked in Germany was that Switzerland was a country established by Germans for whom Germany wasn't German enough.

...or...

Germans get fined for not separating their household rubbish, Swiss people get fined for not separating their household rubbish correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

Does Switzerland extradite to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I`m assuming that for a "Non-National" to secure residency in Switzerland they must have married a Swiss OR be patriating serious amounts of Money to prevent their becoming a drain on the country`s resources ?

That begs the question as to just how much "Trouble" this fellows Irish operations are in and what resources,if any,will remain in Ireland to meet any committments left behind...? :confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement