Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago reviews (Belfast, Grand Opera House)

• 01-09-2009 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Hey all, can anyone tell me whether the version of Chicago on in Belfast at the moment is any good? I want to book as a suprise for my gf when it comes to Dublin (with same cast) in September but at 60€ a ticket its pricey unless it is of high standard (for some reason I keep getting a panto version in my head) and given its a different cast to that used in the West End, though the exact same production. Its running 24th August to 5th September. Any insight appreciated! She loves the film and I'm all for booking as long as it's good! Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

tommy21 wrote: »
    Hey all, can anyone tell me whether the version of Chicago on in Belfast at the moment is any good? I want to book as a suprise for my gf when it comes to Dublin (with same cast) in September but at 60€ a ticket its pricey unless it is of high standard (for some reason I keep getting a panto version in my head) and given its a different cast to that used in the West End, though the exact same production. Its running 24th August to 5th September. Any insight appreciated! She loves the film and I'm all for booking as long as it's good! Cheers.

BUMP! Has anyone been to see it?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Hi Tommy21,

I haven't been to see this year's production, but I saw Chicago in the GOH a few years ago and I can honestly say it was great! I don't really like musicals, and like you say I had a sort of panto version in my head but Chicago was totally different.

Sorry I know you were asking about this year's production! :rolleyes:

ems_12 wrote: »
    Hi Tommy21,

I haven't been to see this year's production, but I saw Chicago in the GOH a few years ago and I can honestly say it was great! I don't really like musicals, and like you say I had a sort of panto version in my head but Chicago was totally different.

Sorry I know you were asking about this year's production! :rolleyes:

No probs appreciate the feedback anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My housemate went to see it last night but I haven't seen her yet....will post second hand review when she makes it home :)

pow wow wrote: »
    My housemate went to see it last night but I haven't seen her yet....will post second hand review when she makes it home :)

Legend, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My pleasure. Review is short and sweet....she said it was amazing! She didn't think Emma Barton was as good (she was good, just not as good) as the girl playing Velma (whose name I can't find anywhere on google). Atmosphere and performance was 10/10 she said - thumbs up from her.

pow wow wrote: »
    My pleasure. Review is short and sweet....she said it was amazing! She didn't think Emma Barton was as good (she was good, just not as good) as the girl playing Velma (whose name I can't find anywhere on google). Atmosphere and performance was 10/10 she said - thumbs up from her.

thanks a mil!

Advertisement