Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website tips

Options
  • 01-09-2009 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi All

would appreciate any on-site seo tips for this website.
    <URL Removed On Request of OP>

the content could probably be a bit more detailed i think. what about some of the more technical aspects . . .

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

erm ... heard of header tags ?

h1 h2 h3 ? .. use them :D

Deals page = images ? erm ... not good for seo ... :D especially with no alt tags ... and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

semajnayr wrote: »
    Hi All

would appreciate any on-site seo tips for this website. <URL Removed On Request of OP>

the content could probably be a bit more detailed i think. what about some of the more technical aspects . . .

thanks

You seem to know that you can already do work on the content. But you haven't seem to have done any work on your keyword research and you certainly haven't used your title tags effectively.

When you start getting traffic, my concern would be that the site doesn't do enough to draw people in and order from you. Your phone number and main call to action are at the bottom of the screen.

These should be made more prominent and ideally you should have a few special offers thrown in above the fold to get people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 semajnayr

thanks for the responses, i have decided on the keywords to go after so will update the titles to incorporate and also the content.

thought i read somewhere that the h1 tags weren't so important any more? (could be wrong as fairly new to this).

Also, could you take a look at <URL Removed On Request of OP>? i think this one has a bit of work on the tags, titles etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I can barely read this site. Grey on grey is bad enough for readability for ordinary users, but disastrous for colorblind people who are up to 10% of your male market.

Your location is only mentioned once. You could be in any country for all I know and your location is an essential search keyword.

Advertisement