Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Firmware 3.0

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Larkin501 wrote: »
    The startup tune is horrible compared to the original. Also the logo.

I don't mind the grey box surrounding the friends. I think it looks okay. But that's probably because I'm using a grey theme which matches it.

i think the tune's bn fiddled with for the worse too, the logo i thought would be exclusively fior the slim which brandishes it. its part of the same update for all though - splashscreen is gone but the stardust as soon as you hit x on disc icon is nice.. coulda done w/ the old jingle tho - nothing

as for ur gray theme.. i use one too, the rusty one - check out ur friend status ingame when its dark, f'n stupid can't read what theyr playing from 10ft+

other than that.. - the slim is mint it makes no more noise other than what u get on startup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

* [HDD Content Audio Language] and [HDD Content Subtitle Language] have been added as options under [Video Settings].

what file types is this for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Subtitle sounds like it might be for external subtitles to be played over videos, which would be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Varik wrote: »
    * [HDD Content Audio Language] and [HDD Content Subtitle Language] have been added as options under [Video Settings].

what file types is this for

If you copy over a video file that has multiple languages and/or subtitles built into the file, like a Japanese anime or something. Could be handy.

yeah surely.. would mean no necessity for virtualdub. re-ripping to meld the subtitles to it is a process as long as the movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Browsing my PC on the network is definetly alot faster which is a welcome update.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

marko91 wrote: »
    in short we arent capable of pressing the analog stick to the right to move onto the ps store icon so they make the ps3 start up ON the ps store and add another 1 to the game menu incase were even more retarted that we cant click it:rolleyes:

Settings > System Settings > Display [What's New] > Off.

It goes away, never to return.......Until they remove this setting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Eoin087 wrote: »
    The snow globe effect with the new background when you shake the controller is kinda cool

The what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

TinCool wrote: »
    Cool, I'll give this a bash later when I get home [in Worcester/UK].

Gave the iPlayer a bash on the PS3 last night. Works quite well. To be fair it just boots up the web browser but for the likes of my wife she can use it with a simple few button presses. Watched a couple of things on it and it seems grand for what it is.

hey thats great man - anyhow the iPlayer site had been saying they were working on a non-uk version, same text for 2yr. i got p*ssed off w/ that and had not returned to look about a year since, now i have it says this

"Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer television programmes are only available to users to download or stream (Click to Play) in the UK. However, we are aware of demand for an international version."

..formerly 'we are working on an international version'. as you can see it has become more unlikely

BBC's iPlayer is irrelevent to us here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

More Music wrote: »

no i dont mind the whats new section i was on about the ps store shortcut in the game menu...whats the point?we already know how to press the right button to move to the 1st ps store icon...so why add another?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Otacon wrote: »
    Probably meant Northern Ireland. I will let you know if it works tonight for me. [in London]
    Cool, I'll give this a bash later when I get home [in Worcester/UK].
    Gave the iPlayer a bash on the PS3 last night. Works quite well. To be fair it just boots up the web browser but for the likes of my wife she can use it with a simple few button presses. Watched a couple of things on it and it seems grand for what it is.

Yup, iPlayer works great for me too [East Anglia/UK] :D Watched Merlin last night and some Dragon's Den. Picture looks excellent on a 32" TV. I'll probably try streaming some HD content to the TV tonight to see how that looks :D

I'm absolutely delighted by this move, hopefully 4od and ITV player will follow suit :) No more hooking up the MacBook Pro to the TV via DVI-HDMI cable :)

As for the glitter, I think it's fine, doesn't bother me at all. I like the overall look.
    Star Bingo wrote: »
    ...However, we are aware of demand for an international version."

..formerly 'we are working on an international version'. as you can see it has become more unlikely

BBC's iPlayer is irrelevent to us here
    Yeah, in the same way that I was looking forward to the launch of RTE International this year but that didn't happen and the recession will see that it doesn't happen for many years, if at all :mad:

More Music wrote: »

better believe i found that one.. wasn't having that rubbish 'whats new' on startup. its a PSN store assualt on the senses - not like i didn't know where it was initially.. the same icon now in the game bar too is overload.
    r3nu4l wrote: »
    Yeah, in the same way that I was looking forward to the launch of RTE International this year but that didn't happen and the recession will see that it doesn't happen for many years, if at all :mad:

i think they want to keep these services confined to the nation they broadcast from, holding their cards WAY close to their chest. RTE could be waiting to see if BBC do it. if you won't, we won't sort of thing. or the boadcasting rights commissions or whoever - its daft anyhow.

Star Bingo wrote: »
    i think the tune's bn fiddled with for the worse too, the logo i thought would be exclusively fior the slim which brandishes it. its part of the same update for all though - splashscreen is gone but the stardust as soon as you hit x on disc icon is nice.. coulda done w/ the old jingle tho - nothing

as for ur gray theme.. i use one too, the rusty one - check out ur friend status ingame when its dark, f'n stupid can't read what theyr playing from 10ft+

other than that.. - the slim is mint it makes no more noise other than what u get on startup :)

EDIT: the fan whistles. and disc drive at full tilt vibrates the chassy. not loud as Phat's air management system, but can be more of an irritant. final. ps i was meant to EDIT not quote =/

and there never was any 'stardust' just so u don't think i'm seeing things.. i did, that once ;-

Advertisement