Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Boiler

Options
  • 01-09-2009 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi

Does anybody have any good recommendations for a condensing oil boiler that they have purchased?

Is there much of a difference between the suppliers?

Is it worth looking across the border for one or am I better being nostalgic?

Any guidance greatly appreciated

thanks
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

conor2949 wrote: »
    hi

Does anybody have any good recommendations for a condensing oil boiler that they have purchased?

Is there much of a difference between the suppliers?

Is it worth looking across the border for one or am I better being nostalgic?

Any guidance greatly appreciated

thanks
    Conor

Conor,
    A Firebird condenser boiler is regarded as one of the best around as far as I know..
    I'm going to buy mine in AJ Plumbing, Newry.. Got a Stratford stove off them for €500 less than best price in the Republic so I'm sure the saving on the Firebird will be worth the short trip over the border too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭conor2949

thanks Forest,

will have a look there.

do you mind me asking how much you paid for the stove in the end. there seems to be massive variations in the prices of them down south.

conor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

conor2949 wrote: »
    thanks Forest,

will have a look there.

do you mind me asking how much you paid for the stove in the end. there seems to be massive variations in the prices of them down south.

conor

The stove is a Stratford TF70, it ws £1,500. I think that was about €1,750 when i got it. I couldn't find one in the south anywhere for less than €2,200. They deliver to the south by courier for €50 or so, save you the trip up north altogether, I never even went to the shop but I'd have no hesitation in recommending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

http://www.grantengineering.ie/product/35

Conor

Here's an Irish made one that has been recommended by my engineer.
    I know a few lads who have them as well and no complaints.
    Somewhere around the 2k mark AFAIK.

Advertisement