Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGM M4 GBB mag

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone suggestions for a fix ?

Was showing the M4 to someone recently and letting them fire it when
    The Mag from my GBB dropped from the magwell and landed on a stone floor,
    it took a chunk out of the bottom of the mag.

Anyway refilled the mag and next time it was used in the gun, it vented every bit of the
    gas out of the mag.

Since then it wont refill. Gas just passes from the fill valve in the side out the top
    of the outlet section. The little depressor valve/switch that gets tapped during operation
    is not moving.

Had this same issue when I first got the mag, but fiddling with the moving parts on the top of the magazine and the little sliding switch seemed to fix the issue.
    (Still dont know what the metal sliding switch on the top does)

This time all the fiddling in the world with anything that possible to move without
    brute force does not help.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I was having horrible trouble with the valve button being stuck in. This was from not cocking the rifle first then inserting the mag, bending the button out of shape so it would get stuck in.

Required a bit of silicon oil and a pliers to basically pull it back into shape. I was having the same problem as you, gas was just venting out.

The mags are fickle and a pain in the hoop.

The metal sliding part on the top is like a trick on the rifle. It makes the rifle believe there is BB's in the mag, so that you do not need to hold the mag release, so you can continuously dry fire the rifle. I believe that little slider is located on the front right hand side of the top of the mag.

If your valve button is stuck in, it sounds like its just bent and you should be able to riggle it free with a little bit of force, use silicone to help the job.

I'm in two minds as to what set of AGM m4 mags to buy, or wether to just buy the Western Arms ones which seem to be a hell of a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Thanks.

Sweet I was wondering what that little metal slide was.
    Yep since I bought the Gun I always had the mag inserted first before cocking.

I was being a complete dummy when messing about with the button that releases
    the gas I was trying to move it inwards instead of thinking that it may of already be stuck in. Will give it a go later.

I still have not got round to buying spare mags and the other bits and pieces
    that should be bought for these.

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I would say the problem you have is that the striker valve is bent alright, Whatever you do, dont try straighten it with a pliers though, it'll just get worse and the head of it starts to fall apart, its pretty soft stuff.

Start by taking off the plastic front strap on the magazine bt pushing out the 4 pins, this strap covers the follower and spring, they will also come out once you take this strap off.

Once thats off theres 2 thicker pins in the upper section, one just below the notch for the mag release and the other under the strap you removed first.
    When these are taken out the top section of the mag will come out altogether, from here the valve just screws out of the top section of the magazine.
    3708790472_6fd6fb6a95_b.jpg

Your valve will look like this,
    3707899213_dc8bafc053_b.jpg

To fix it you'll need to remove the circlip from the bottom of it and remove all its components, then sit it on something flat and tap it back into shape or clamp it in a vice.
    heres another pic to show you the order in which all the parts go trogeter.,:)

3708687320_c9d1c3f7c9_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I dont know if I should be overjoyed by the fact you've posted
    such fantastic pictures and a detailed guide or to be terrified
    of of dis-assembly, My last adventure is still in a hundred pieces a few months later. :D

Cheers for that. If I mange to get the valve out it should be easy enough.

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

haha,
    its actually a lot easier than it looks, id usually do the whole job in about 3 mins. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement