Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was this thread closed...

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm very wary of opening a thread here in help but as watty doesn't allow PMs I can't ask privately. Just wondering why this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055667222
    was closed?

The fact that "in 10 years no-one has suggested Sky Digital isn't" is sort of my point, I'm suggesting it isn't and thought that some discussion about same might be interesting. I won't present my views on the topic further here (that's what I thought the thread was for), but I would like to know why the thread was closed as I'd be quite interested in discussing it further.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I's imagine it was closed because it's a "storm in a teacup" thread. You seem to think Sky is doing one thing (and bandying around suggestions of intentional mis-selling which is not good), while watty has pretty clearly (to the layman i.e. me) that they're not.

What more is there to discuss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭alc

Times, technology and expectations change, it's good to discuss how "the way things used to be" are no longer appropriate or acceptable. I came here for discussion and considered argument but it seems that's not allowed. I have plenty of technical knowledge on the topic too but it appears watty's opinion is final. Actually technical knowledge is sort of OT, as the topic was when will Sky offer digital-tv output to everyone, not just Sky+HD subscribers as currently they do not. The fact that a mod expresses their opinion and then closes the topic feels, to be honest, a little oppressive ("here's my 2 cents, that's the end of that").

Again, I really don't want to discuss the actual topic here, hence the OP, I'd really like to have watty explain to me why the topic was closed.

As watty has stepped down from moderating those forums, I don't think he'll have much more to say on the matter - but as I said, to the eyes of a layman, his explanation seemed pretty comprehensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭alc

I can see how it may seem the closing post is comprehensive, but I can assure you it is not.

How do I get the topic reopened?

You could ask the remaining forum moderators (icdg and byte) if they're willing to entertain the discussion again by re-opening the thread.

However, I see no reason to intervene and re-open it - it's entirely up to the forum mods.

• Advertisement
Advertisement