Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night Shots C&C *Warning largeish images*

• 01-09-2009 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Bright_City_Lights_2_by_superflyninja.jpg

Gone_by_superflyninja.jpg

Liffey_Boardwalk_by_superflyninja.jpg

Stark_by_superflyninja.jpg

any C&C much appreciated as always :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

These get two thumbs up from me.....
    I'm even sticking one of my legs up :)
    Nice work

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

#3 is my favourite by a long shot. #1 might be a bit too bright IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Love number 3 also. Well done, just one question, what was your iso?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

thanks for the feedback
    1) Longshanks on number 1. do you think the photo is too bright in general or just the right hand side?
    2)smelltheglove I used ISO 100 on all images.(Due to the type of PP i was playing with Ive actually darkened 3 and 4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

#2 and #3 are awesome! Top notch!

#4 is pretty pants I think - It's just too dark and theirs nothing to look/focus on in the photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

Also love #3 - great viewpoint/composition.
    No #2 next.
    Number #4 not in the same league.

I actually really like #4, its different and clever.
    it comes across quite well I think.

cheers :D number 4 was mostly trying out the PP effect you see.not very successfull it seems :D onward and upward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

thanks for the feedback
    1) Longshanks on number 1. do you think the photo is too bright in general or just the right hand side?
    2)smelltheglove I used ISO 100 on all images.(Due to the type of PP i was playing with Ive actually darkened 3 and 4)

Ahem - i suppose i think its just too bright overall. #2 is very similar and i think it works better because its a bit darker / has deeper blues. But mainly because the flare from the street light doesn't distract my eye

• Advertisement

I actually really like #4, its different and clever.
    it comes across quite well I think.

looks liek someone at least knows what they are talking about :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Love number 1 and 2, cant pick between them but I would go for 1 the brighter one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I really like #3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Pint

Love them all. No4 I think is brilliant. The contrasting colours reflection off the water really makes the image. No 1 would be my least favourite, a little too bright for my taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I like 3 best , the texture of the wood grain is nice against the black night sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

No. 2 has vibrant colours and black blacks - nice contrast. It feels like the eircom building has been cropped out though, would be great to get that in as a focal point. I think number 1 is just lacking that contrast.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

First three are absolutely gorgeous!

last one pants ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

did you photoshop out the junkies for number 3.

*just wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Love #3
    Sux to be #4

Love #3
    Sux to be #4

hahahahaha guys!!!! the harshness on 4!!!!!! I wanted the bright areas bright..in a dark way and the dark areas almost black!!! Have a look at it in full view maybe ;p

• Advertisement
Advertisement