Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:30am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Conditions looking favourable for thunderstorms for many today! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

As a farmer the last thing we need is more rain......the land has never been as wet as it is now for this time of the year.

Not shooting the messenger just yeah its more bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Conditions looking favourable for thunderstorms for many today! :)

pity nothing here in Dublin 15 area :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Min wrote: »
    As a farmer the last thing we need is more rain......the land has never been as wet as it is now for this time of the year.

Not shooting the messenger just yeah its more bad weather.

is it true only a third of the harvest will be got this year due to the bad weather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

is it true only a third of the harvest will be got this year due to the bad weather?

Not into cereals but good weather is needed badly now for the spring cereals as only winter cereals are harvested as far as I am aware.

I know some farmers who have wet land (luckily my land will dry fairly quickly) and have not been able to get any silage made yet.

We are all desperate for some prolonged good dry and mild to warm weather.

Some had to put cattle into sheds and have been feeding them their winter fodder with the land so wet, just a really bad year in every way for farming this year.

Oh well as D-ream sang.....things can only get better......

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Seems to be good weather coming finally for the weekend and beyond thanks to John Eaglelton's weather forecast today:D Yep even these charts show an improvement...much welcomed I think by all :)

avnpanel1.gif

• Advertisement

So it could be that New Zealand guy was bang on afterall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Seems to be good weather coming finally for the weekend and beyond thanks to John Eaglelton's weather forecast today:D Yep even these charts show an improvement...much welcomed I think by all :)

:confused: Could have sworn BBC NI forecast last night said the weekend would be poor ? I see the BBC has done away with its national forecast after the 10 o'clock news, a great pity as it always seemed more reliable than the Irish one :(.

PS I'm all for sunshine...

from met.ie:
    THURSDAY night will be cool, breezy and mostly dry. However scattered showers will affect western coastal counties. FRIDAY will bring a mix of bright or sunny spells and scattered showers, some heavy. It will be cool and windy with the fresh to strong west to northwest winds and highest temperatures of 14 to 17 degrees. SATURDAY will be breezy with moderate to fresh westerly winds. Connacht and Ulster will be mostly cloudy with outbreaks of rain and drizzle in places. Leinster and Munster will be mainly dry with some bright or sunny spells. Much of Sunday will be dry, but rain will spread from the southwest through the evening and early night. Daytime temperatures over the weekend will be mainly in the mid teens. At the moment, MONDAY and TUESDAY look like being unsettled with spells of rain at times.

Rtavn1561.png

so it looks like we'll have to wait till Wednesday for the weather to settle down.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thunder now to my west! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Thunder now to my west! :)

Snap :)

Also ..look at the height of that cloud to our north!

• Advertisement
Advertisement