Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollowave

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I used to surf a long time ago, back in the 80s. There was a Sligo based suf company called Hollowave. I still have a hollowave board. Does anybody else remember them, or have any of their boards?...just wandering if I have the only one left....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Think a friend has one bought it in the 80s sold it when he went home bought same board again when he came back then did the same thing over again and has the board again for 15yrs. will double check it to be sure but cant have been too many surf board manufacturers back then in Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

yeah was speaking to my friend and his is a hollowwave so definatly two in the country at least. He bought it originally from one of the Byrnes lads in the strand bar, Strandhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks for that. I remember the lads well, surfed many times with them in Strandhill. Good to know that there are still a few of these boards around now. one of the guys that founded the company is now a very famous session musician I believe!

Advertisement