Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contractions regular then irregular!

• 01-09-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Ive been having contractions every day not braxton hicks these are incredibly painful!! Last night was full sure was going into Labour as Contractions were really intense took my breath away and every 9 mins and lasting a minute and a half went to bed after timing them for an hour, decided would be best to try and sleep between them and hubby to be rested. They have been like this for a week at least. Well they kept coming and I woke at 1am for the loo and said to myself they have stopped went back to bed was up again a few hours later still nada... so frustrating !! I know Im not due till next week but still I want baba sooner rather than later seeing as im gonna be facing a 10 POUNDER! Have appointment at the hossi tomoro so will so what they say but has anyone expierienced this? 2nd baby by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Cant really help you hun cos I never had Braxton Hicks, just wanted to say 10 Pounder:eek:!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Pains like that can go on for days prior to going into labour I'm sorry to say! Its just your body getting ready for the main event :)

When contractions are 2-3 minutes apart lasting 40-60 seconds you'll know you're in labour.

Good Luck! Hope it all goes well for you all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

lol foxy 10 pounder at least ! have gestational diabetes with sugars hard to control and myself and himself are quite tall so that counts for the big bubs too i think! Ill Know more tomoro after the scan, so emotional today so really hope this pregnancy is coming to an end and bubs annouces arrival quite nicely lol...wishful thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Best of luck Galwaygirleen.

thanks lolli just after having another one there so hopefully they will materialise into something! Hubby is after crashing too all ok thank god but gave me a shock, ill have to ''mind'' him the next few days. whats with the flow of emotion today... lil one started school today I bawled like a baby once out of her class room and then himself crashed and I bawled. Lifes a lil bit of a rollercoaster at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

well, i wouldnt blame you for crying with all that going on. Glad your husband is ok, you must have gotten a fright. I hope the baby will arrive soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

thanks lolli just after having another one there so hopefully they will materialise into something! Hubby is after crashing too all ok thank god but gave me a shock, ill have to ''mind'' him the next few days. whats with the flow of emotion today... lil one started school today I bawled like a baby once out of her class room and then himself crashed and I bawled. Lifes a lil bit of a rollercoaster at the moment!

Jesus woman you need to take it easy. Thats an awful lot going on in one day. I roared the other day and that was only at x factor so I'm sure you must be in a state. Try and relax (if at all possible) and I really hope you and hubby are ok and baby arrives soon.

Was in for my scan this morn and baby is back to back which is why Ive been having those irregular contractions apparantly if i changed position they would have stopped immediatley so going to be an interesting labour! Ive gestational diabetes and havent needed insulin at all the last 2 days so Cons has me booked for induction tomoro as baby is better out than in at this stage! OH and buba was 9lb9oz according to scan today feel a lil better bout that now lol !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

Hi Galwaygirleen

I am a guy so it may seem strange to be giving pregnancy advice but the same thing more or less happened with our second child. Big baby 10.13.(Now a 6 foot four inch 16 year old)

very strong contractions and then would fade whenever my wife would lie down for a break. In the end the only way to continue the contractions would be to keep walking up and down the maternity ward. Earliest contractions that we would class as labour type contractions were probably about 2 weeks early, Baby eventually arrived about 18 days late.

It is probably no harm to continue as you are doing now - as long as the baby and yourself are not in distress - You are doing no harm and if anything excercising the muscles needed in the labour. If you feel you need the baby to come now, just keep up the walking and let gravity help. If you think the baby could use another week then lie down whenever you feel the contractions.

I am not a doctor and this is just the advice of one who was there for my own children, but if it makes sense to you then you are the one with the bump and you should trust your intuition on this, as well as taking medical advice of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hope everyting goes well for you and the baby today galwaygirleen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

aww, best of luck, wen you read this you will hopefully be back to yourself with a new addition to the famille xxx

Advertisement