Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wibiya Toolbar

• 01-09-2009 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭

Wibiya-walyou.jpg

Though it may not be for everyone, I registered for a beta invite on their website last night.. and recieved one this morning!

Quite nice if you have a blog or site that you want some interaction with your users.

To give ye the lowdown:
    Wibiya enables blogs to integrate the most exciting services, applications and widgets of their choice into their blog through customized web-based toolbars.

Our platform offers a one-stop solution for integrating, managing and tracking third-party applications.

Currently we offer a fixed set of tools such as creating a blog community via facebook connect, enabling twitter alerts on your blog and enabling post navigation but there is a lot to wait for as we will be adding more and more application through time.

See it in action here as I haven't implemented it on my blog yet.

In my opinion, it's not obstrusive (it can be hidden) but I reckon it could be mildly distracting when scrolling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

They have it on the Next Web site aswell.
    Wouldn't be gone on it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quite like it myself.. especially the 'Recent Posts' function.

Now just added to my website: http://www.basquille.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Really don't like these widgets, they seem to be springing up on every site lately. I find them far too obtrusive and add no extra value to a site.

It seems to be used purely for its own sake, or for the sake of being trendy.

Advertisement