Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone rings out too early since setting up voicemail...

• 01-09-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Am having a slight problem with my Meteor Nokia 5800 Xpess Music phone at the moment. Yesterday I set up voicemail which went smoothly enough. However, anytime someone tries to call me my phone will only ring 3 times before going straight through to voicemail. Beforehand my phone would ring 6 or 7 times which would give me more time to reach the call.

Basically, Id still like to have my voicemail set up combined with my phone ringing out after the standard 6 or 7 times like before.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Rockee wrote: »
    Am having a slight problem with my Meteor Nokia 5800 Xpess Music phone at the moment. Yesterday I set up voicemail which went smoothly enough. However, anytime someone tries to call me my phone will only ring 3 times before going straight through to voicemail. Beforehand my phone would ring 6 or 7 times which would give me more time to reach the call.

Basically, Id still like to have my voicemail set up combined with my phone ringing out after the standard 6 or 7 times like before.

Thanks! :)
    Menu>Settings>Calling>Call divert

Once here, the procedure should be the same for all phones:

* Select Voice calls (this stage may not be present on simpler phones which support only voice calls)
    * Select If not answered
    * Select Activate
    * Select To voice mailbox
    * Choose time (between 5 and 30 seconds - this is where you probably have it set to 5).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Menu>Settings>Calling>Call divert

Once here, the procedure should be the same for all phones:

* Select Voice calls (this stage may not be present on simpler phones which support only voice calls)
    * Select If not answered
    * Select Activate
    * Select To voice mailbox
    * Choose time (between 5 and 30 seconds - this is where you probably have it set to 5).

When I choose anytime between 5 and 30 seconds the screen displays a message 'Request rejected.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Rockee wrote: »
    When I choose anytime between 5 and 30 seconds the screen displays a message 'Request rejected.'
    Make sure your voicemail number is setup as 171 or don't select "To voice mailbox", just select "other number" and put in 171 or your number with the 5 prefix (0875xxxxxxx).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have a look in the faq sticky at the top of the forum. You should have the info you need in the diverts section.

Sorry i can't link you as i'm on my phone.

cpu-dude: That didnt work for me either, but thanks so much for your help.

Random:Im off to the diverts section now, cheers.

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    Have a look in the faq sticky at the top of the forum. You should have the info you need in the diverts section.

Sorry i can't link you as i'm on my phone.

Im still having no luck. When I typed in the code and pressed 'Send Command' I got either 'Request Uncompleted' or the good ol' 'Request Rejected' message on the screen.

Actually, scrap my post above. I put in a type o. :) Thank you very much Random. I owe you a boards beer. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'll get that beer off you one of these days, glad it's working :)

Is there anything we could have done to the faq to make the article in it more obvious to you? Feedback helps us help the next person better :)

Random wrote: »
    I'll get that beer off you one of these days, glad it's working :)

Is there anything we could have done to the faq to make the article in it more obvious to you? Feedback helps us help the next person better :)

I went looking in the voicemail section of the FAQ first, never thought about clicking into the call divert section! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

This should also work

**61* (your prefix with 00353) 5 (your number)**(ring time in multiples of 5)#

eg **61*003538551234567**30#

This will divert to voicemail after 30 seconds of ringing. Just type in the code and press call.

• Advertisement
Advertisement