Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any ideas how much to get a zip changed

• 01-09-2009 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

A zip is broken on my skirt :( has anyone gone to a tailor to have it replaced? any idea of a price? wouldnt be worth it if it costs more than the skirt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I have a similar problem with a broken zip on a pair of jeans. I never did anything about it assuming that it would cost as much as the jeans! So I would be very interested in answers to this!

Or does anyone have any tips on replacing the zip themselves??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I paid €5 for a zip to be replaced in a dress but I bought the zip myself in a dressmakers shop for €3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

wow that is brilliant i'm gettin my skirt fixed! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Ask in your local dry cleaners. They normally have people who do minor adjustments and works out cheaper. That's how I got mine done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

It depends, I was charged €20 for one on a dress, but it was an internal zip and was a lot of work to fix.
    If it's just a regular zip it shouldn't be too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I am only 5ft zero so I am always on the lookout for places to have my clothes altered. I noticed a place on Abbey Street the other day called Zipyard. Could be worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tav

jos28 wrote: »
    I am only 5ft zero so I am always on the lookout for places to have my clothes altered. I noticed a place on Abbey Street the other day called Zipyard. Could be worth checking out.

They also had a stand at recent Ultimate Girls Day Out at RDS last weekend but I didn't really have a chance to talk to any of the staff.
    Anyway they also have a website www.thezipyard.ie which might be worth checking.

Advertisement