Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The truth?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Once again this morning brings new allegations against the Ceann Comhairle,John O'Donoghue.This latest 1 alleges he appealed against the proposed closure of Valentia coastguard station.This was an outlandish proposal in the first place but apparently under the constitution,the Ceann Comhairle is disallowed from getting involved.He is also alleged to be canvassing against the proposed lowering of the drink/driving alcohol limit.He is also alleged to have abused his expenses allowance while minister and Ceann Comhairle.For me,the thought provoking aspect of all this is Mr.O'Donoghues apparent refusal to comment.If those allegations are false,I believe he has a duty to protect his good name through the courts.If those allegations are true,he should be punished for any wrongdoings.This is one instance where silence is not golden.It is past time for anyone who has contributed to the demise of the Irish economy to walk the plank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

miseeire wrote: »
    Once again this morning brings new allegations against the Ceann Comhairle,John O'Donoghue.
    This latest 1 alleges he appealed against the proposed closure of Valentia coastguard station.

This was an outlandish proposal in the first place but apparently under the constitution,the Ceann Comhairle is disallowed from getting involved.
    He is also alleged to be canvassing against the proposed lowering of the drink/driving alcohol limit.He is also alleged to have abused his expenses allowance while minister and Ceann Comhairle.

For me,the thought provoking aspect of all this is Mr.O'Donoghues apparent refusal to comment.
    If those allegations are false,I believe he has a duty to protect his good name through the courts.
    If those allegations are true,he should be punished for any wrongdoings.

This is one instance where silence is not golden.It is past time for anyone who has contributed to the demise of the Irish economy to walk the plank.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Once again this morning brings new allegations against the Ceann Comhairle,John O'Donoghue.This latest 1 alleges he appealed against the proposed closure of Valentia coastguard station.This was an outlandish proposal in the first place but apparently under the constitution,the Ceann Comhairle is disallowed from getting involved.He is also alleged to be canvassing against the proposed lowering of the drink/driving alcohol limit.He is also alleged to have abused his expenses allowance while minister and Ceann Comhairle.For me,the thought provoking aspect of all this is Mr.O'Donoghues apparent refusal to comment.If those allegations are false,I believe he has a duty to protect his good name through the courts.If those allegations are true,he should be punished for any wrongdoings.This is one instance where silence is not golden.It is past time for anyone who has contributed to the demise of the Irish economy to walk the plank.

What's new pussycat?

Woah ...oh...oh...oh..ohhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Politics ehh?

If only there was a forum to discuss such matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Moved to Politics.

For me,the thought provoking aspect of all this is Mr.O'Donoghues apparent refusal to comment.

Good post.

There's another thread here that links him to the deaths of kids in rail disasters and compares him to gangland killers. Nice to see a restrained and well thought out post. And pretty thought provoking too. The silence is really galling, who does he think he is, does he think he just needs a thick neck to ride it out and it will go away?

Don't even think he has to go to Courts to protect his name. He just has to give us some comments on the matter for the time being, we can then judge whether the comments are satisfactory or not. It's the complete refusal to even have the decency to explain himself that is particularly infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭miseeire

Wazdakka wrote: »
    FYP

What exactly does fyp mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Fixed Your Post

He doesnt mean any offence, its just much easier to get your point across if you structure your statement in a way thats easy for the reader.

paragraph to the max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Gombeen Kerry FF Politician in controversy shocker...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

[QUOTE=AnnaC;61916400Now this lady has had a long term illness which allows for the person suffering to be issued with a medical card[/QUOTE]

AnnaC's post removed so i am removing my comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭miseeire

I do believe this has been placed in the wrong post.:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement