Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International stars of the future

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I'm afraid for a key skill like speed he is not worth the effort. Speed and Agility train crazily slow compared to other skills, sell and hope somebody out there thinks they can do something with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Is he worth training, or will he just never get competitive with that speed?

I've gotten a player's attack up to 10/11 after 3 full seasons of training from 4. But that was using a minimum of two sessions level 5 a week.

For a backs speed it wouldn't be great for 3 seasons worth of training if you managed a similar level (and would be behind nearly all backs that started training at a similar time) but could be decent enough for a back at club level depending on the current speed of your backs.

Overall you could probably buy a better trainee back for cheap enough.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11803984

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11807183

Edit: didn't realise that speed trains so slowly as phonehead says as my trainees have generally been forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

mar-z wrote: »

Don't be advertising to much, had my eye on one of them!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Zagato wrote: »
    Don't be advertising to much, had my eye on one of them!:rolleyes:

Sorry, just picked a couple of random examples :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ah, I actually have a decent enough few lads up from the YA at the mo, both training to be backs. It was just this lad so very good apart from his speed. But yeah, best let him go up on the market and hopefully make some money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

So lesson here, what to train in ya if you want a back? Speed, agility, stamina and ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

crisco10 wrote: »
    So lesson here, what to train in ya if you want a back? Speed, agility, stamina and ???

Handling I'd imagine. Though attack and defense are pretty much across the board, so, you'd wonder if those two weren't a better overall investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

crisco10 wrote: »

ya id train stam, hand, att and def as they cover everyone an if your looking for back just stam hand speed and attack

Advertisement