If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Net Tv

Options
  • 01-09-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hi, Just received delivery of a 37FLP9604 today from the Phillips shop this morning.

Everything is working perfect only I cannot get the Net TV to work.
    Set up the wireless connection without any issues.
    When I go into Browse net tv, It goes into some signup process automatically.
    Eventually it comes up Philips server not available.
    Theres no problem with the internet connection as I was able to download the firmware update over the internet using the wireless connection.

I've changed the settings to use the ethernet port but I get the same result when I try and go into browse net tv, goes into a signup process and eventually comes up with "Philips Server not available. Try again later."

Any ideas?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Talla,

I'll get the guys onto it now - and get them to drop you a line,

Apologies for the inconvenience,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Talla

Please let me know how you get on.
    My number is (01) 474 0788

For all the other 37PFL9704 users there is new firmware release on the 27/08/09 link below for you to update your TV's

www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=IE&slg=ENG&cat=FLAT_TV_CA&sct=LCD_LARGE_30_40_SU&session=20090901083752_83.70.176.90&grp=TV_GR&ctn=37PFL9604H/12&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Hi Ash,
    As discussed on the phone.
    I've upgraded the firmware. The only difference now is its gone into a continuous loop now trying to sign up , see the signup attachment.
    Also attached is a pic of the network settings so its picking up the network settings. I've tried using the wired connection, wireless connection and I've also changed the IP address to static but no joy.
    Setup is a standard eircom netopia router. I've completely switched off the firewall.
    Cheers,
    Bernard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I had this problem over the weekend after updating to the latest firmware. I went into Setup->Installation->Clear NET TV memory. NET TV then worked as before, although I had to register again.

Hope this helps you.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Just started working now on its own without making any settings changes and finally connected up to the registration server...weird.
    Ah the joys of technology.
    Anyway another happy customer here and will spread the word about the Phillips shop and richer sounds to anyone looking for a TV. Thanks to Ash for his help and to Thomas in the shop for keeping me updated on the order and delivery.
    Cheers,
    Bernard

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Talla and thanks Irlrobin as well,

Great we got you sorted and don't forget we are here if you need any assistance (Ash has nothing to do most of the time anyway so he welcomes the diversion ;) )

Talla - thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!

Now you can post on Boards from your TV - weird 'eh!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

NOTHING TO DO!

Gez Boardies are keeping me on my toes:)
    Talla glad its started working for you now you can really enjoy it....

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.