Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second WHV

Options
  • 01-09-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,im travelling to Aus on a WHV in january,i turn 30 in febuary,if i do the 3 months regional work would i be entitled to apply for a second year visa or would i be too old,any info??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hi,im travelling to Aus on a WHV in january,i turn 30 in febuary,if i do the 3 months regional work would i be entitled to apply for a second year visa or would i be too old,any info??

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-second.htm
    be aged between 18 and 30 years (inclusive) at the time of applying**
    ** You must be no older than 30 when you apply for the visa, but you may be aged over 30 at the time the visa is granted.

yes you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

but he'd be applying for the 2nd visa when hes older than 30!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 labarmand

Hi somebaldyfela
    You will be fine. You can be aged 30 when you apply for the visa. So technically you can apply for the visa up until the day before you turn 31. Then once it has been granted you can wait another year to use it.

I applied for my second visa while in Ireland in May 2008 (I was 30 years and 8 months). Then I didnt arrive in Sydney until March of this year.

Im in Sydney at the moment and i turn 32 in 2 weeks and my second WHV does not expire until March.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

The_B_Man wrote: »
    but he'd be applying for the 2nd visa when hes older than 30!

18-30 inclusive, being 30 and a month is not classed as 'over 30' in this case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Sound looks like i should be alright:D appreciate the replys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement