Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth enchanting your gear while levelling?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Finally got to Outland with my main toon at the weekend, so loads of new equipment. I was debating whether or not go get enchantments for everything, or will I be changing my equipment too often for it to make a difference? I've still to get my flying mount, so I'm trying to save every cent I can!

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=eu.terokkar.cían

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Don't bother. Its not worth spending the money, unless its the very cheap enchants or your are levelling your own enchanting. You upgrade most of your gear pretty much every level, so just save those pennies for the epic flyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Your best bet is aiming for gear with sockets, rather than just stats, and don't bother enchanting - just go to the AH and buy up all the really cheap gems that JC's are throwing on there trying to make money back on while leveling.

eg. 12-14 strength or 14-16 spell power. They'll go for a couple of gold at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

If you've gotten a boost in a higher instance or got a quest item that is pretty amazing and you can't see yourself changing it for sometime that is the only gear id consider enchanting.

The better your stats are the quicker you kill things at the end of the day.

If it's your first time round though then don't bother but if you've been alting for a while you'l learn pretty fast what items are amazing and will be with ya for a good while that you may consider enchanting them.

Sockets are really usefull to can really give you a boost.

If you are leveling with a friend though I'd do the easiest thing though which would be have one of you as a Miner & Jc'er and the other as a Enchanter & ? just to have the luxury of always having handy enchants and gems freely available as you level both your character and their profession. Herbalism or Skinning for the enchanter tbh depending on the class. Skinner for a DPS, Herby for Healer nice cash makers on most servers. Its always worth while having a enchanter when leveling also you make so much cash if your clever and even more if you know a JC'er :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Thanks folks, this is the first Char I've had at this level, Huntard with skinning (for the $$$) and engineering, which allowed me to build guns, ammo and scopes, and eventually flyers and hogs. Mostly solo quests, with the occasional pug.

Hadn't read much into sockets, I'd thought they were a DK thing, till I noticed my belt had a slot! I take it that gems are not bound to their sockets and can be transferred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dubhdara3

2 Espressi wrote: »

Hadn't read much into sockets, I'd thought they were a DK thing, till I noticed my belt had a slot! I take it that gems are not bound to their sockets and can be transferred?

No once, you gem an item, that gem is bound there, and cannot be move to another to another item. You can replace the jem in an item, but it will destroy the initial gem in the process.
    But on the plus side, you don't need to jem by colour, ie, you don't have to put a blue gem in a blue socket, since this may not always be what you are after.. i.e as a Healer I put yellow intellect in many sockets despite their color. If you do do this howver you will not get the socket bonus

• Advertisement

Once you use a gem it can't be used again. :(

Your crazy btw with skinning and engineering get mining instead much more cash then Skinning in the long run but will also stop you having to buy the bars in the AH to level your engineering and i know from personal experience I've leveled it twice lol.

The only money maker with skinning on my server atm it the Arctic Fur you can get around 72+ from mobs in Northrend. Sells for 100g atm each.

Ore on the other hand sells for alot more as soo many people level JC'ing and the lower levels of it are great money makers - Mithril etc. When you can mine Titanium ore in Northrend your looking at about 150 - 250 for a stack of 20. Its rare but I always seem to manage finding enough when i need it.

You could always level the mining then switch to skinnning for the crit again once you get fed up grinding it but have your Engineering maxed at least. The last 10 - 20 levels are very hard to level without a miner.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

I’m a tailor and an enchanter. Mates are skinner, Leather worker and a Miner, Jeweler.

Were the best kitted lvl 40's and leveling insanely fast because of it. Just finished Uldaman last night with 3 of use.
    Priest, Druid Tank and rouge :)

Yes enchant if you have someone to do it for you for free/low cost.

Thats one bad ass lil team :)

Very nicely thought out ^^,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Kyri wrote: »
    Your crazy btw with skinning and engineering get mining instead much more cash then Skinning in the long run but will also stop you having to buy the bars in the AH to level your engineering and i know from personal experience I've leveled it twice lol.
    I know, I started out with skinning and herbalism, for the $$$, then picked up engineering for the toys,and dropped the Herbing because I thought the hunter could use Master of Anatomy better then the heal buff you get with Herbing.

The thoughts of going back to square 1 with mining doesn't really appeal to me, though it might be worth it to make levelling Engineering cheaper!

/wanders off to check out the Mining levelling guides....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

NO NO NO!!!
    I levelled enchanting with my Rogue(+Skinning) and was a disaster!!! if you lvl it too quickly then the items are too low and then if you lvl it too slowly then the mats from items arnt good enough and if u take a break from it then the new mats you cant even use... all in all means you've to spend money and while your lvlling that is NOT what you want better to go back when your 80 and have loads tospend on it to get it up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement