Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Lord at the national Concert Hall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Brings back some memories. I wonder will he do space truckin'. Could be a great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

As a big Deep Purple fan for years I would love to have gone to this concert but childminding duties prevented me - anybody go? What was it like? I used to have the LP but most serious DP fans had little time for it and I have to say I preferred Made In Japan and Machine Head myself. I watched a number of You Tube clips of the 1969 performance tonight and I only realise the sheer enormity of the work and how underrated it was. Apparently even the group were sorry they undertook the project so it is interesting to see Jon Lord bringing it back.

This clip gives a taste of the 1969 performance and the whole concerto is on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7K4NT3AC7w&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

I went. It was unreal! They did soldier of fortune with Uileann pipes solo. It was the best night ever. Where do I start?! It was magic! Really brought home the whole origins of metal to me. Fantastic experience and he managed to have a dig at Ritchie in the process! Lord seams like a gentleman. Anyone else go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Diveonthe12th

starflake wrote: »
    I went. It was unreal! They did soldier of fortune with Uileann pipes solo. It was the best night ever. Where do I start?! It was magic! Really brought home the whole origins of metal to me. Fantastic experience and he managed to have a dig at Ritchie in the process! Lord seams like a gentleman. Anyone else go?

I went too! It was easily one of the best gigs i'ever attended. Unbelievable music. It was very emotional!!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

It was yeah I was close to tears a few times myself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement