Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viewing Canal+ in Rep. Of Ireland

• 01-09-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been toying with the idea of purchasing the equipment to try view showsports on NileSat here in the republic of ireland. However, I have come to the conclusion that not only is it virtually impossible to do this, to even have the slightest chance, i would need to purchase some mighty expensive a large equipment to do it, which renders it pointless.

I have moved my attntion to canal+ which I have read show alot of english premiership football matches. However, I cannot seem to find alot of information on how to pick up this channel.

Therefore, I have a few questions I would like to ask. I would be very greatful if you could answers these for me..thanks.

1. What satellite is canal+ on?
    2. Is it possible to pick this channel up in Ireland (Dublin)
    3. What type of equipment do i need?(box, dish, lnd, card, etc), and at what cost?
    4. Do I need to subscribe? If so, at what cost?

Thanks.

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

which canal+?

Scandinavia?
    France?
    Poland?
    Holland?
    Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭djt0607

oh sorry, i think its canal+ scandanavia. (though it could be canal+ france)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭logie110

you will need a 1 metre dish and official sub to pick canal swedish package up on thor 1 west..official sub is pretty expensive and beyond the reach of most of us but has at least 2 3pm kickoffs on saturday along with any late or early games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yes the canal+ Scandinavia is expensive to get through a 3rd party supplier.

To be honest an 80cm dish will be more than ample for the canal+ transponders on thor 1 west as they are broadcast on the stronger transponders than say digi tv. The Nordic beam though is near enough impossible to receive here.

Your not breaking any rules/laws to watch it in your house, but would be breaking copyright laws if you were showing it in a public place, eg a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

djt0607 wrote: »
    oh sorry, i think its canal+ scandanavia. (though it could be canal+ france)

by far the best package on the market, just to expensive for peeps to have at home unless you got a few quid or have someone out there who can get you the sub

• Advertisement
Advertisement