Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second hand lense query

• 01-09-2009 2:26pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon folks, I am thinking about getting a lense on eBay to leave near permanently onto my Eos 1000D. The reason for this being I mostly use my camera at family events, days out etc. and with so many juniors around including one that I have to take personal care of, its just easier having the one lense.

I currently have:
    Canon 18-55mm IS that came with the camera
    Canon EF 80-200mm
    Sigma 35-80mm DL
    Canon 50mm

I had originally used the Sigma on my film SLR and it worked great, but because of the crop factor on the 1000D i'm obviously not getting the originally intended focal length.

I was looking at the EF 28-90mm II but i think i'm going to be in the same situation as the Sigma with this one. So my question is, what type of lense should I go for to have an effective range of say 20-90 or is it not really a runner in terms of trying to get a budget model?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Nikon have their 18-200mm VR lens, which would do what you describe, Canon have an equivalent. There is also an older 17-85mm Both were Kit Lenses, so should be available as people have upgraded. **

I would think that for most "Family" shots you would want to be using the wider end of the lens, so I would think that the Kit Lens you have would cover it most of the time. It's a FF equiv of 29mm - 88mm

** Googled as I know more about Nikon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Both sound like look good offerings, i'll see what there going for price wise and see what I can afford. Cheers.

Advertisement